Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
rowdyb

18-07 Someone is Always Willing to Pay

Confidence test right here. Can you just rail stuff it seems. I shot paper first, no make ups then steel, no make ups.

5.02 Seconds. 8-A. HF of 7.9681 gets me a 92.02% in Production.

Posted (edited)

7.62, 4A/4C with a HF of 4.7244 puts me at 54.7% for Single Stack Major.  I’ve got some work to do (a lot) in order to make A class this year.  

Edited by MJPLEO

Shooting this again at a club match this Saturday.....

25 minutes ago, evanrocks said:

@rowdyb  Did you go to the match at ARC? I was there as well. Hope to be a regular this year. I was a 5.95 HF for the classifier

Yes I did. I gacked the classifier up pretty well, trying to time the beep. Which is something I almsot never do, so my bad.

I was there this weekend too.  I had a decent run by my lowly standards.  Had a lot of fun even with it being a little on the chilly side.

I'll try to squad with carry optics folks next time. Was quite chilly! Lucked out wearing some good layers... 

Posted (edited)

I usually go with squad 4.  We had a couple of good carry optics shooters.  If you ever shoot the 4th Sunday steel match I also pick squad 4 for that one.  We were definitely heavier on limited div shooters this last match though.

Edited by billthemarine2862

Just shot this one at a match last weekend:

Single Stack (major)

A:8 Time:5.42 HF:7.3801 85.40% M

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PCC: 4.47 seconds with six Alphas. Put me at 94.45%.

Ran it a couple of times in practice just a hair under 4.0 seconds but it felt like I was right on the edge and I'd was over swinging onto T2.  4.15-4.25 felt like the sweet spot but I ended up playing it safe at the match. 

is there a consensus on steel or paper first? 

I shot this in practice last night and for me I did better shooting steel first then paper left to right. My thought is do the "harder" shooting first then speed up, also a mike on the steel can be picked up between the second and third paper after the reload.

thoughts

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

I shot this in practice last night and for me I did better shooting steel first then paper left to right. My thought is do the "harder" shooting first then speed up, also a mike on the steel can be picked up between the second and third paper after the reload.

thoughts

I like shooting it steel then paper, like you said the steel can be picked up after reload if you miss and finish on the risky noshoot target last. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

thoughts

I think Paper first, then steel last. If I miss on a steel, the gun is positioned at the best possible point of aim for a make up. Verse's moving gun from paper to steel for a makeup. Look forward to this at Dundee, thanks Mike. 

Edited by Lastcat

1 minute ago, Lastcat said:

I think Paper first, then steel last. If I miss on a steel, the gun is positioned at the best possible point of aim for a make up. Verse's moving gun from paper to steel for a makeup. Look forward to this at Dundee, thanks Mike. 

possibly but in practice making up a miss on the steel during the paper only cost .35 with a revo

2018 Nationals I drew to the partial and worked in with speed and it came in at 92%.

I reshot the stage at a local match earlier this year and drew to the open close paper and was a little fast for 95+%