Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

18-04 Don't You Send the Mailman

rowdyb

I shot this the 3 times at Nats and then for the first time again today at Area 59.  5.8577HF for a 99.0664% in Production. 4.78 Seconds and 5-A 1-C.  Pretty decent test of your confidence. My C was on one of the back targets.

4 minutes ago, PatrickDoyle said:

Video?? 

No, sorry. I've gotten tired of videoing, editing, posting to yt, fb or ig to then get 60 views. Not worth it, hahahaha.

And just one less thing to think about at matches, so I can concentrate on me more.

11 hours ago, rowdyb said:

No, sorry. I've gotten tired of videoing, editing, posting to yt, fb or ig to then get 60 views. Not worth it, hahahaha.

And just one less thing to think about at matches, so I can concentrate on me more.

I agree.  As much as I like to see my videos, it's just not worth the extra little bit of concentration to make it happen.

11 hours ago, rowdyb said:

36 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I agree.  As much as I like to see my videos, it's just not worth the extra little bit of concentration to make it happen.

Same here. I find it amusing that a shooter will show up at a match without enough mag pouches  shooting a high point yet they have a camera on their hat they have to dink around with after MAKE READY. They also tend to have the flip and catch perfected as well.😂😂😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ran this one at a local match in January in PCC.

3.8 Seconds, Six Alphas, 7.8947 HF.

Coming off off the chair I shot T1 in a crouch, and then strainghtened up during my reload to engage T2/T3. 

I liked it... It's an interesting stage for PCC because the way it's written, I think it encourages people to make some mistakes.  Start position is loaded and pointing down range... so people are tempted to go ahead and sight in on the target. That would be fine other than the fact that you need to move in order to enter the shooting area so your dot is moving very unpredictability. Just start pointing low down range so you can bring the muzzle up in a more predictable fashion, which is faster.

Beyond that, I think the slowest thing you should actually be doing in this classifier is the shooting, particularly on T1. 

Edited by Ontos
More detail

• 3 weeks later...

After 17 years off after leaving the sport with a B Open class I came back as a Production shooter with this as my first classifier, shot it last of 6 stages with a GSSF Stock Glock 34 and factory Blazer 115s 

7:24 3 A 3 C for 56.06% HF of 3.3149

I have work to do but it was a good feeling to be somewhere near a B after such a long layoff  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rule says from within the shooting area. As long as both feet are within the area does the rest of you have to be? Can you remain seated with both feet on the ground inside the shooting area ?

17 minutes ago, egd5 said:

Rule says from within the shooting area. As long as both feet are within the area does the rest of you have to be? Can you remain seated with both feet on the ground inside the shooting area ?

No. The chair is outside the shooting area so if you are touching it you are out as well

On 3/29/2019 at 3:49 PM, egd5 said:

Rats. So much for my "brilliant" idea.

You can still game it a little... Start so that all you have to do is take a single step into the box, and then just lift your butt off the chair so you aren’t touching it.

Shoot T1 in a crouch, then straighten up while you’re reloading and transitioning to T2. 

Edited by Ontos

Well we shot this last weekend. I'll go ahead and post what I did as a lesson in what not to do.

First off, my old knees don't allow for jumping right up from a chair. SOOO, I devised a plan to hold the pcc at my shoulder with one hand and use the off hand on my knee to help push myself up off the chair. I was so concentrating on that that I threw a round into the no shoot and instinctively added a makeup round. Well that totally blew my feeble mind and I immediately proceeded to shoot the other two targets without the reload.

Needless to say, That score will not help me move up in class. LOL!

On 4/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, egd5 said:

Well we shot this last weekend. I'll go ahead and post what I did as a lesson in what not to do.

First off, my old knees don't allow for jumping right up from a chair. SOOO, I devised a plan to hold the pcc at my shoulder with one hand and use the off hand on my knee to help push myself up off the chair. I was so concentrating on that that I threw a round into the no shoot and instinctively added a makeup round. Well that totally blew my feeble mind and I immediately proceeded to shoot the other two targets without the reload.

Needless to say, That score will not help me move up in class. LOL!

At that point you should have just mag dumped the No-Shoot for the lulz.  That's my plan the next time one goes south...

"Umm... 5.27 seconds... Six Mikes, 57 No-Shoots.... TAPE AND RESET!"

• 2 months later...

This one is shows the disparity between different classifiers IMO. I'd say this one is pretty easy.  It hasn't been shot a ton and most of the data is probably from Nats. Which, is going to be different than the info you get from a couple years of shooting it a club matches. 

I shot it in 4.36 with 1C. 6.4220 HF. That's around 107%

On 4/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, Ontos said:

At that point you should have just mag dumped the No-Shoot for the lulz.  That's my plan the next time one goes south...

"Umm... 5.27 seconds... Six Mikes, 57 No-Shoots.... TAPE AND RESET!"

I'd hand you a roll of white piasters and let you clean up your mess.

• 1 year later...

After not shooting for several months  I finally went to a match yesterday this was the classifier.  I had shot basically like crap all day, but shot probably my best classifier score ever on this one.  

27 points

4.18 seconds

6.4593 HF

for 98.somthing % in limited

Shot it with my SS rig with 10 rounders in limited