Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Catcher for practice?

tacomandood

I swear I did not hit her :).

I had no reason to handle it rough. I mean I moved it like 2-3 times a few meters each time, asssembled it and partially collapsed (or at least tried to), pulled it under the roof etc. It started falling apart on the first day and continued on the second.  Due to the lenght of the poles and extreme thinnes and weakness of the materials the leverage itself (eg. holding the thing at its ends and lifting/moving its weight) can damage the poles and the connection points.

Its not really a rocket science, look at a camping chair that can hold 200+ pound weight or the lightweight tents...  At this price point it should be rock solid. I think using polymers, carbon fibre etc. would  be a much better idea, also in terms of weight.   This thing is not very well designed, difficult to move around (the bottom base tubes keep on scissoring)

I guess if you assemble it and position somewhere and then dont move then it could be fine for like 6 months even. But common,  after 10 minutes total of handling it it cracks and disintegrates...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only other thing I can think is that they build them cheaper over in Europe?

I’ve seen several used for months now between myself and others and the only thing I think I can agree with you on is that the base does like to scissor/collapse when you pick it up to move it. A minor inconvenience, but it only take 5 seconds to set it open again once you’re done moving it. Otherwise, mine still works great.

On 7/12/2019 at 7:11 PM, tacomandood said:

Only other thing I can think is that they build them cheaper over in Europe?

I’ve seen several used for months now between myself and others and the only thing I think I can agree with you on is that the base does like to scissor/collapse when you pick it up to move it. A minor inconvenience, but it only take 5 seconds to set it open again once you’re done moving it. Otherwise, mine still works great.

Don't think they would build it in Europe,  never seen anything that cheaply made manufactured in here (at least not in the past 15 years).    This is typical cheapest made in china, or perhaps even less developed place.

Edited by marcin c

I'd definitely recommend reaching out to DAA then if you can. That's concerning that it wouldn't have lasted you as well as I've seen others and heard of others. Still, I think it's important people know this can be an issue, and I will admit the it does seem a bit flimsy at times, though I'd say it would take a good whack or drop to render it useless for me as you've described here.