Hawke Chairgun Win/Apple App/Android.

20 yards.

135gr

1275 fps

1" Scope Height

1/2" Drop at 10 yards

1/2" Drop at 50 yards.

Zero at 20 yards.

Tested and proven at the Range. You guys really need to start using the Chair Gun App, take the guessing out of the equation.

RFRO for SC zeroed at 17 yards (dot's about 1.8" above center of  the bore).  Drop is around 0.5" at 10 Yards which is about the same size as the dot at that distance, and it's about an inch high at 35 yards.  At 35 yards the red dot is ~2 inches, so shots are still within the dot for the longest targets.  Zeroed with CCI Mini-Mags.

Zero it on the Pendulum plates, no matter the gun, as that’s about the hardest shot you’ll encounter in SC.  Either that or the small rear plate on Accelerator, which is about the same distance and difficulty if not exactly the same.  I don’t have a diagram in front of me but I’m guessing those are both about 18ish yards. I find that my .22lr returns to zero at 35 yards from that distance too so it works well.  FWIW, I don’t worry about figuring my SC drops to the gnat’s ass.  Just zero it and practice:  When we’re shooting 2’ plates at 35 yards at warp speed, if you miss, it isn’t because you calculated the drop wrong.  

12 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

Aim low on stop plate for Speed Option ;) 

I heard this for the first time while at the FL State match earlier this month. If we're aiming low on this plate wouldn't we also want to aim low on the two back plates on Outer Limits?

1 hour ago, ZackJones said:

I heard this for the first time while at the FL State match earlier this month. If we're aiming low on this plate wouldn't we also want to aim low on the two back plates on Outer Limits?

I’m sorry, but who has time for aiming low on this plate or high on that one?  Just aim for the middle and don’t be so far off that you miss the plate entirely.   Our smallest target is a 10” plate at 18 yards.  No round or zero needs 5 inches of drop or rise.  

Edited by jkrispies

21 minutes ago, Hammer002 said:

I do.  And I’m .40 under peak time with RFRO and over a second under with pcco:  A96146

Any good coach will tell you to aim for specific parts of the plates in some cases.  Smoke and hope is another example of aiming to quadrants.  Actually makes eye transitions faster and misses less frequent.  But, I’m just another traveler, so listen to what you like.

Well, I’m 2.67 seconds under peak in RFRO, and I’ll stick with aiming in the middle and coaching anybody who asks to do the same.  A55324

3 minutes ago, Hammer002 said:

Hey, thanks for the reminder for why I seldom come here.

I don’t mean to insult anybody, but I’m going to stand by the idea that doing unnecessary things will slow you down.  Aiming for particular areas on a plate when the entire plate scores will slow you down.  You know where I shoot the Smoke and Hope plate?  Wherever red hits white.   That usually means the low corner on the first plate when my dot finds the plate on my upswing from the start flag, and then upper right on the next plate when I overswing while aiming for the middle.  I think it’s awesome you’re that fast while aiming in quadrants.  In my opinion and experience, you can be faster by simplifying your strategy and just aiming for the middle.  .  

12 minutes ago, Hammer002 said:

Hey, thanks for the attitude reminder for why I seldom come here.  But, lol, I meant JUST FOR SPEED OPTION.  I’m 4.74 under total myself, if we were comparing manhoods.  By the way, you’re .28 OVER PEAK on speed option!  Lol. Geez, man.

Again, that’s awesome.  I still say you can be faster by simplifying your strategy. 

17 minutes ago, Hammer002 said:

Then y aren’t u faster?

ok, listen, it’s all relative.  What works for one, may not for everyone.  You do you, man.  You do you.  I answered a question.  Guess that’s what I get in this forum.

Got it, agreed, you’re a workd record holder and I’m not.  You’re humble, I’m not.  Your quadrant shooting clearly works for you, and I will take my small manhood to a different conversation.  

13 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

You were correct in calling me out for my response somewhere above. I should have been more diplomatic, especially since you were answering a question I asked— I asked who did that sort of thing, and you answered me.  

Truth be told, I’d like to learn about your quadrant shooting... will likely still disagree with it, but would like to learn about it nonetheless. I know that the very best shooters have the ability to call shots to that degree even at top speed.  I’m not one of those shooters but keep trying.  I think quadrant shooting (or whatever you want to call it) should be a topic for a different thread though.  If I’ve somehow helped you in the past I would very much appreciate learning from you in return.  I was literally about to send you a PM saying as much but a public mea culpa works as well.  

Edited by jkrispies

How can one know the best way to do a thing unless they know all the ways to do that thing? The key is to never stop learning. If a method is not the best for you, take what you can from it and build on that. Try to learn something new from someone every time you shoot...and if you aren't shooting with anyone, learn something about yourself. 

Thomas Edison once said, when talking about inventing the light bulb, that he hadn't failed 10,000 times, he just found 10,000 ways that didn't work.

And, no more bickering....that's part of the forum rules.