Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 1 won’t hold zero

Rich406

So, after multiple issues with Deltapoint pro’s, I decided to try out the 6MOA Romeo1. The first one I received wouldn’t hold zero after 500ish rounds, figuring I got a bad one, I got a replacement. Well, at around 2000 rounds the replacement wouldn’t hold zero either. They both did the same thing, POI would be 2-3” low at 10 yards. It would take over a full turn of the adjustment screw to get it back on POA. Then in another 50ish rounds the POI would be low again. 

Really a shame, because I really wanted to like this dot. It’s very bright, and I prefer the 6moa over DPP’s 2.5. I’ve heard so many good things about the 6moa Romeo1, did I just get 2 bad ones in a row, or?

2 hours ago, Jeff_Alan said:

Hard to believe that you got 2 bad ones, but anything is possible. I have a 6moa that has around 10,000 rounds with no problems at all. I have not heard or seen anybody having trouble with the 6moa. 

I agree, but nonetheless, they both failed exactly the same. Very frustrating...

No experience with the P320, but my C-More mounted on my TruBor

was losing zero ten years ago, and after a Lot of Angst, finally found

that the grip screw on my TruBor was loose, and caused all of the

problems with dot zero.

Tightened the grip screw, and ten years later - no more problems    :) 

On 12/26/2018 at 7:28 PM, Rich406 said:

So, after multiple issues with Deltapoint pro’s, I decided to try out the 6MOA Romeo1. The first one I received wouldn’t hold zero after 500ish rounds, figuring I got a bad one, I got a replacement. Well, at around 2000 rounds the replacement wouldn’t hold zero either. They both did the same thing, POI would be 2-3” low at 10 yards. It would take over a full turn of the adjustment screw to get it back on POA. Then in another 50ish rounds the POI would be low again. 

Really a shame, because I really wanted to like this dot. It’s very bright, and I prefer the 6moa over DPP’s 2.5. I’ve heard so many good things about the 6moa Romeo1, did I just get 2 bad ones in a row, or?

All these red dots are hit and miss.  It's depends on your luck.

To make you feel better, I have gone through four FastFire 3 dots in the past 3 months.  Some broke on the first range trip, but one of them lasted for 5000+ rounds.  One of them could not hold zero, but the other 3 are fine.  

If you come from iron sight, you need to adjust your expectations.  These dots are intrinsically unreliable in quality.  No matter what others or the magazines are telling me, all these "it's the era of red dots" BS, I am not going to put one on my carry gun.  I think it will take at least another 5-10 years to truly mature these products to a point of being "reliable".  

Edited by Dazhi