Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G43X

RangerTrace

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be in the minority here but the 43 is already too big for 6+1.  The 43x is just a 43 barrel with a single stack 19 grip.  The 48 is a single stack 19.  If only Glock was smart they would remake the 43 to match capacity of the 365 or at least fit in an extra round or 2.

2 hours ago, SyNaPsE said:

I might be in the minority here but the 43 is already too big for 6+1.  The 43x is just a 43 barrel with a single stack 19 grip.  The 48 is a single stack 19.  If only Glock was smart they would remake the 43 to match capacity of the 365 or at least fit in an extra round or 2.

Oh Glock is smart.  They will sell many thousands of these new models.  Apparently there are base pads available to get you to 10 rounds already for the 43.  So, I will probably go with the 48 for an off duty rig........It felt really good in my hand and the stock trigger was pretty nice.

5 hours ago, SyNaPsE said:

Wait it’s a single stack? The 43x. I figured it was like the p365, staggered type mag. I agree the 43 currently is a little big did 6 measly rounds. 

On 1/6/2019 at 10:05 PM, Blue Jacket said:

Actually I heard it’s more like a 1.5 stack. Which I assume means slightly staggered 

That’s what I was hoping for. Like the sig, and in between double and single. 

It does look to be some type of single stack. The grip is as long as a g19 grip, which accommodate the higher capacity. And the witness holes on the mag are straight up and down,  1-10 down the mag like a single stack, not staggered  I hope this isn’t just a g43 slide on a g19 side grip. .

29 minutes ago, Jfitz427 said:

It does look to be some type of single stack. The grip is as long as a g19 grip, which accommodate the higher capacity. And the witness holes on the mag are straight up and down,  1-10 down the mag like a single stack, not staggered  I hope this isn’t just a g43 slide on a g19 side grip. .

That’s exactly what it is. 

44 minutes ago, HCH said:

hat’s exactly what it is. 

I’ll have to get my hands on one before I make any judgement, and see if it’s worth replacing my p365 with. It doesn’t get much better then the p365, except my history with sigs is they’re unreliable. This one hasnt been, it’s been 100% perfect though. But all my glocks over the years have been 100%. I have total confidence in Glock. I like having that in a gun that could be used to save my or my family’s lives one day. 

6 minutes ago, Jfitz427 said:

I’ll have to get my hands on one before I make any judgement, and see if it’s worth replacing my p365 with. It doesn’t get much better then the p365, except my history with sigs is they’re unreliable. This one hasnt been, it’s been 100% perfect though. But all my glocks over the years have been 100%. I have total confidence in Glock. I like having that in a gun that could be used to save my or my family’s lives one day. 

The 43x/48 seem to fit.... nowhere. 

48 is the same size as a 19, but holds 5 less rounds. 43x seems outclassed by the 365. 

I’m sure they’ll sell plenty of them since it is a GLOCK, but I sure don’t see the attraction. 

16 hours ago, HCH said:

The 43x/48 seem to fit.... nowhere. 

48 is the same size as a 19, but holds 5 less rounds. 43x seems outclassed by the 365. 

I’m sure they’ll sell plenty of them since it is a GLOCK, but I sure don’t see the attraction. 

The P365 is still having serious issues such as breaking strikers so I would not say a 365 outclasses any Glock. A Taurus may be more reliable than a P365.

I think both are going to sell like wildfire. I know the 48 is not a lot slimmer then the 19, but I think for a CCW gun under a tee shirt it will be a huge difference. I'm looking forward to getting a few finger prints on one at some point.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:52 AM, JBP55 said:

The P365 is still having serious issues such as breaking strikers so I would not say a 365 outclasses any Glock. A Taurus may be more reliable than a P365.

It’s so strange. My p365 has been 100% perfect though probably 1500rds. I don’t put a lot of rounds though it, just 50 here and there to stay proficient. Had it for about 11 months. I’m in the sig is junk camp, had a p938 that was nothing but problems. My wife’s 238 has been just ok. I have some sigs built back in 1980s in west Germany that are truly some of the finiest craftsmanship ever made. But the new ones are not good. Like you said some, probably 50% of the p365s have had serious issues. How did I get a good striker? Did they make 2 batches and one had bad metal. Idk. But with my past luck with sig I thought for sure I would have gotten one of the bad ones. But, no. Mines been perfect, knock on wood lol. 

16 hours ago, floater said:

I think both are going to sell like wildfire. I know the 48 is not a lot slimmer then the 19, but I think for a CCW gun under a tee shirt it will be a huge difference. I'm looking forward to getting a few finger prints on one at some point.

It definitely will print less. 

Winter time, I carry a Ruger security 9 (same dimensions as the Glock 19)

Summer time, it's a Kahr CW9

It's quite a bit easier to keep from printing with the slimmer profile under just a tshirt as opposed to a jacket. 

I'm interested in the Glock 48 myself to replace the Kahr with it's long revolver like trigger. 

7 hours ago, Matt1911 said:

It definitely will print less. 

Winter time, I carry a Ruger security 9 (same dimensions as the Glock 19)

Summer time, it's a Kahr CW9

It's quite a bit easier to keep from printing with the slimmer profile under just a tshirt as opposed to a jacket. 

I'm interested in the Glock 48 myself to replace the Kahr with it's long revolver like trigger. 

As a replacement for the CW9 I think the 48 will be perfect. I carry a G19, but durring the hot time of the year I am always worried about printing.