Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G43X

RangerTrace

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm hearing the G43X may be released at SHOT this year.  10 round pocket sized pistol, marginally larger than the G43.   I'm SOOOO glad I didn't spend the money to get the P365.  

What are y'all hearing??

365 is still going to be the standard.

Yes I prefer SIG's over gloches.

Not sorry! LOL

Hope it works for you if that's what you want!!! (this is an honest statement not sarcastic!! )

Good fortune

Neil

2 hours ago, JBP55 said:

Rumor is a G43 X 10+1 plus a slim single stack 9mm G19 size called a G48 and possibly a G19 size .22 called a G44.

Latest rumor I heard that 43 and 48 are only different in slide / barrel length.

I’ll stick with the G19. 0.100” slimmer and the slimmer grips don’t feel right to me. Don’t get wanting same size as a G19 with less rounds or a less capacity mag and well stick a bigger basepad on it for 2 more rounds and it’s still has less capacity. 

Damn, i told my wife, an myself the p365 would be the last carry gun I’d ever buy. It just doesn’t get any better then 12+1 in this small, but very shootable and utterly reliagle package. But I also always thought if Glock did the same thing I’d be all over it. Maybe I’ll give her the sig, so I can buy the Glock. I’m not a big fan of sigs and their quality in the last 10-15 years, but my 365 has been perfect. 

19 minutes ago, Jfitz427 said:

Damn, i told my wife, an myself the p365 would be the last carry gun I’d ever buy. It just doesn’t get any better then 12+1 in this small, but very shootable and utterly reliagle package. But I also always thought if Glock did the same thing I’d be all over it. Maybe I’ll give her the sig, so I can buy the Glock. I’m not a big fan of sigs and their quality in the last 10-15 years, but my 365 has been perfect. 

Do you find the grip of the P365 kind of small? Width is fine, but the length from the front strap to the back strap is uncomfortably small for me. Ive shot one and they do shoot nice. I’m a huge Sig fan but carry a G26. I’d buy a G43X before the  P365 .

8 hours ago, BASE772 said:

Do you find the grip of the P365 kind of small? Width is fine, but the length from the front strap to the back strap is uncomfortably small for me. Ive shot one and they do shoot nice. I’m a huge Sig fan but carry a G26. I’d buy a G43X before the  P365 .

I mean ya it’s small, but not overly small. But normal small for a mouse gun. I have huge hands, so big a normal 2011 grip doesn’t fit. Even with a xl dvc grip and a big hands magwell they’re still to small. So all micro compacts feel small on me. None of them fit right lol. The one that actually does fit pretty well is the shield. I wouldn’t mind if they had some interchangeable palmswells or back straps for it. But the gun is solely for carry, and I’m confident with it, and if I ever needed it. 

Sig has set the standard...however Glock has the tendency to give you what they want you to have...not so much what you want to have.  I see another G42 G43 thing in the making.  Everyone wants a single stack 9mm and they make a SS 380.  Ingenious...because they knew everybody would jump on it and jump again when the G43 was released.

I’m hoping it’s a bit bigger then my 365. I remember when I first got it, I carried a shield before and I though man I wish this thing wasn’t so small. I think the sheild is the perfect size carry gun. So if the 43x is a bit bigger then my 365 I’d be happy. Already told the wife she could have my 365 if I can get the Glock

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, Yoakam said:

Sig has set the standard...however Glock has the tendency to give you what they want you to have...not so much what you want to have.  I see another G42 G43 thing in the making.  Everyone wants a single stack 9mm and they make a SS 380.  Ingenious...because they knew everybody would jump on it and jump again when the G43 was released.

Yes Sig has set the new standard for recalls on broken pistols with the P320 and the P365

1 hour ago, JBP55 said:

Yes Sig has set the new standard for recalls on broken pistols with the P320 and the P365

Agreed.  Sig shouldn't have their customers be their QC guini pigs. I just think Glocks "answer" is a knee jerk reaction to get something to market.  I anticipate next year will bring their true answer...but not until they cash in on these. Just like releasing the 42 when everybody wanted the 43. 

Edited by Yoakam
Typo