Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most Stable Carbon Fiber Handguard?

As an update, I've received my Smoke Composites handguard, and while I've only been able to "use" it in mock up, the thing is absolutely amazing.  From the quality of the carbon fiber to the barrel nut to M-Lok capability, I'm not sure that I'll look anywhere else when I need a future forearm.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jkrispies said:

See the photos from Hallz previously-- his pics are way more impressive than anything I could do.

pictures or it didn’t happen, lol

seriously though, what length did you end up getting?

1 hour ago, TNREDNECK said:

Got my smoke today, wow I love it. I with B it’s the only one for me . I got the letter also , we want you to be completely happy .

B68B00EB-C2D5-4BE4-98DE-30B2DF0EC903.jpeg

BE1F8DD1-8383-46F7-92E0-75A5A544E80C.jpeg

Looks great, I’m probably going to order the PCC Handguard at some point. I had to go with the ar 15 sized handguard to get the top rail. 

Edited by Bwillis
2 minutes ago, TNREDNECK said:

That’s the 12 inch that I have on my gun I think you would need the same size . The MBX  is barrel. Is shorter then the JP , mine is 14.5 pinned and welded with the titianum comp . Can’t wait to shoot it .

Shooting innovations 14.5 barrel with an adm comp is what I went with, John made a 13.5  handguard.  

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you ABQ and Rolex.  I have seen pictures of the Isler mount so I think I understand it.  How does the Smoke mounting system work?  The barrel nut appears to be low profile.  I am imagining that there must be another sleeve that mounts to the barrel nut...

41 minutes ago, r7s said:

Thank you ABQ and Rolex.  I have seen pictures of the Isler mount so I think I understand it.  How does the Smoke mounting system work?  The barrel nut appears to be low profile.  I am imagining that there must be another sleeve that mounts to the barrel nut...

from their website

https://www.smokecomposites.com/parts-and-accessories

looks good, I hope to get one for an AR10 6.5CM build soon

Yes, I saw that barrel nut on the Smoke Composites website, but the outer diameter of the nut seems smaller than the ID of the handguard so I wondered if there was another metal sleeve that mounts to the nut that in turn to the handguard.  Still a bit puzzled.

19 minutes ago, r7s said:

Yes, I saw that barrel nut on the Smoke Composites website, but the outer diameter of the nut seems smaller than the ID of the handguard so I wondered if there was another metal sleeve that mounts to the nut that in turn to the handguard.  Still a bit puzzled.

found it on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl5t5Z0Hl2M/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet