Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RF-100 !!

This is a follow up from an earlier inquiry about the RF-100. ...well Santa left one under the tree this morning...surprise!!

I read all the helpful suggestions posted on previous threads about this product.....all helpful...my results :

- Firstly....I’m never lucky enough to get a mechanical doo dad that works out of the box....this is an amazing exception!!

- made sure unit was level and plumb

- installed the rubber band on the spring loaded lower adapter.

- Played with the reostat adjustment through 4-500 primers...found the sweet spot.

- after adjustment did not notice any flipped primers....CCI small pistol.

- The proper reostat adjustment seems crucial!

I’m sold...works like a champ so far ......thanks to everyone who’s helpful guidance made this a cool tool!!

7 minutes ago, TANFARM said:

Got so excited I forgot to ask my question:

any suggestions on transferring the primers from the RF-100 tube to my existing 12 standard primer tubes?.....and is it worth the time?

Thank again.

Congrats on the new toy! I am sure there is a clever way to do it but I never found it necessary. Let it work while you load ammo. 

any suggestions on transferring the primers from the RF-100 tube to my existing 12 standard primer tubes?.....and is it worth the time?
Thank again.
Not worth the effort. It will be done filling before your done loading

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TANFARM said:

Thank again.

no point in doing this

4 hours ago, TANFARM said:

Thank again.

Mine loves CCI primers and I see no point it loading your extra primer tubes.  At the beginning of your loading session, once your get your powder charge right, throw your first 100 primers in the RF100 while you grab bullets and brass.  It will be finished by the time you're done with that.  Load those in your machine and throw another 100 in the RF100.  Repeat.  It makes loading much more efficient.  I can't imagine how nice it would be to have a bullet feeder as well.

Just one suggestion - load not 100 primers, but 110, when using small ones.  I keep one 100pc flat box of primers near the machine, and dump 10 additional primers every time. 

You can actually do 112 small ones.  It doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it makes a noticeable difference when loading. 

6 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Mine loves CCI primers and I see no point it loading your extra primer tubes.  At the beginning of your loading session, once your get your powder charge right, throw your first 100 primers in the RF100 while you grab bullets and brass.  It will be finished by the time you're done with that.  Load those in your machine and throw another 100 in the RF100.  Repeat.  It makes loading much more efficient.  I can't imagine how nice it would be to have a bullet feeder as well.

I can and it is sweet.

This is a spring sandwich designed shell plate for 650 / 1050 .Theory is it traps the case into the shell plate eliminating all movement while turning. Supposedly it  will do away with plate pins???...I find this doubtful. A long time accessory guy on Ebay Snowshooze is his name is producing these as well as a bunch of other upgrades for Dillon products.

It made me curious for loading  Major rounds and powder spillage...we will see.....report to follow ...Happy New Year to al !!!

40 minutes ago, TANFARM said:

This is a spring sandwich designed shell plate for 650 / 1050 .Theory is it traps the case into the shell plate eliminating all movement while turning. Supposedly it  will do away with plate pins???...I find this doubtful. A long time accessory guy on Ebay Snowshooze is his name is producing these as well as a bunch of other upgrades for Dillon products.

It made me curious for loading  Major rounds and powder spillage...we will see.....report to follow ...Happy New Year to al !!!

Oh OK. I thought it was a new Dillon item. 

I’m using CCI small pistol , just opened my 115K box, and a MBF.......god I love this 650 !!
New spring design shellplate due tomorrow.......really excited!!
I would love to see a detailed review on this new shell plate! Some video would be awesome as well...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 12/27/2018 at 1:01 PM, TANFARM said:

I tried to find it yesterday to share with everyone, but couldn't find them. IIRC they are $100+ as they were an early prototype.

Edit: must have missed the link yesterday. Here is the shell plate.

Edited by anbrumm

12 hours ago, hitman_usmc said:

What does the rubber band do?  Mine seems to work just fine without it. I feel like I might be missing out on something now. 

Marine, it helped with vibration within the primer tube. I found that the primer would flip just before falling into the tube right at the top. In my mind, the vibrations were only to move the primers near the top in the tray, and not in the last few millimeters before falling into the tube. It helped, but far from scientific and don't worry about paying me anything. We'll just keep this amongst friends here on BEnos forum.  

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the spring design shellplate.  Ebay seller never shipped and would not respond to any form of communication.

oh well...seemed like a good idea!..ordered the foam style add on spill buffers yesterday. WAC for Major spillage is a PITA.

Thanks to all.....