Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas recommendations

chowellacsbd

Just put down a deposit for a Titan in 9mm. Fun range toy and local steel matches only. Factory ammo will be its primary diet.

On the fence between sticking with standard ldc version OR going with the SE model which incorporates a butler cut.

Will the extra weight on the front of the frame be that much more noticeable in keeping the gun shooting flatter?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will make much difference.  For steel, less muzzle weight makes for faster transitions.  I suspect the approximately one ounce removed will not make that much difference, so go with whichever you like the best.

I got a Titan SE. It cost a little more but I personally like the butler cut over the fdc. In 9mm with a 50 oz. gun that little bit of weight you wont notice. Go for whichever look you like better so you don't regret it later. The extra $500 also includes the 2 coating colors which is usually a $400 add on I think, plus the frame with the tac rail.

I got a Titan SE. It cost a little more but I personally like the butler cut over the fdc. In 9mm with a 50 oz. gun that little bit of weight you wont notice. Go for whichever look you like better so you don't regret it later. The extra $500 also includes the 2 coating colors which is usually a $400 add on I think, plus the frame with the tac rail.

The grey PVD comes with the SE? I thought that was a $250 option on top of the 4400?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, chowellacsbd said:

The grey PVD comes with the SE? I thought that was a $250 option on top of the 4400?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went with DLC Black and TiN. If I remember correctly, they advertised you could choose between 2 I dont remember what options were available.

received_368701570363624.jpeg

I went with DLC Black and TiN. If I remember correctly, they advertised you could choose between 2 I dont remember what options were available.
received_368701570363624.thumb.jpeg.51b5649d0c52b8b48f6fe99ac76f8631.jpeg

I checked the email...

Titan
LDC
DLC
3 tuned 140mm mags
Polished flats + $200

Titan SE
Butler
DLC
Polished flats
3 tuned 140mm mags

Grey PVD duo tone on either is extra $250 like this...

214227c94f1c8c831e249869d5048ed5.jpg

Really on the fence here...

Dang I only got one mag with mine, but bought 2 more. Also keep in mind that a Magwell is an extra charge as well, I was surprised when I saw that. Either way you will love whichever one you pick, in the end it's more or less looks, the function isn't going to be noticeably different. Must have just been on my run of SE's that they included the 2 tone in the price.

Dang I only got one mag with mine, but bought 2 more. Also keep in mind that a Magwell is an extra charge as well, I was surprised when I saw that. Either way you will love whichever one you pick, in the end it's more or less looks, the function isn't going to be noticeably different. Must have just been on my run of SE's that they included the 2 tone in the price.

Friday flash sale for the two extra mags. If you go with their aluminum atlas magwells, there’s no charge. Your only charged if you go with a stainless or Dawson magwell.

6 minutes ago, chowellacsbd said:

Friday flash sale for the two extra mags. If you go with their aluminum atlas magwells, there’s no charge. Your only charged if you go with a stainless or Dawson magwell.

Interesting. Let us know whichever one you end up getting and if you have any more questions I can gladly try to help

I put a deposit down for a Titan in November and am really excited about trying limited major. I’ve been using my 9mm Marauder, shooting minor, and those alpha charlies hurt!!! Unfortunately, I missed out on the Flash Friday mag deal and must admit it stings a bit!! Two more magazines would have been awesome!!!