Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alpha-x mag pouch.....

TANFARM

Just received a new Alpha x mag holder to replace a broken one....swivel plate broke off.

This new “ball” unit is really impressive. ......total adjustment and firm setting.

As Per DAA I will put a little blue Lock tite on the main screw. I will eventually replace all my holders as needed....a little pricey!

• 1 month later...

I also have Alpha-X mag pouches. Cannot recommend. The dovetails keep getting loose, and if I tighten them enough, the dovetail in the pouch body will start giving up... Just a bad design.

Wish they did similar with normal screw attachment for the ball joint and then it would be a great mag pouch. Now they're just garbage.

And yes, I am running the model with the detent ball under the screw that was supposed to fix the dovetails coming loose.

• 11 months later...
On 2/16/2019 at 8:24 PM, jaysrgu said:

any of you guys having issues with the leaf spring assembly coming apart?

Yes, if you smack them hard they want to come out. Should clarify the back plastic piece for retention comes out with mag. 

Edited by HoMiE

6 hours ago, HoMiE said:

Yes, if you smack them hard they want to come out. Should clarify the back plastic piece for retention comes out with mag. 

This happens to me during dry fire sessions a lot. It seems that if the mags are a bit dirty it creates more friction with the plastic parts and it increases the likelihood they come out.

I had race master pouches and loved them along with the race master holster. In 2019 I got enammered by the new fancy Alpha X products and ended up selling off my rig for a new Alpha X set up. Should have bought it first and tried before dumping my tried and trued Racer Master set up. Ended up selling the Alpha X stuff because it wouldn’t hold settings and the holster would stick way too much with my PT Evo. I hope you gave great success and maybe I just had a bad batch or something. 

I like my alpha x mag carriers over my race master carriers. The feel is a lot smoother coming out of the pouch. I did experience my 12 o’clock pouch fall off once during dry fire but, I come down extremely hard during my reload on a pouch that’s almost horizontal. I put it back on tightened the pouch back up and haven’t had any issues since. 

I would buy an Everglade holster over race master or alpha x. The pt evo block is hot garbage, I experience way to many hang ups with the pt evo block.  I was told to file the hook on the block. If I’m paying $150-210 for a holster I shouldn’t have to file anything for it to function properly. 

Edited by Bwillis