Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
pcschwenke

The Pin Shoot

Anyone who enjoys Bowling Pin shooting and competition, check out “The Pin Shoot”.  Reduced prices for signing up through the end of the year.  If you are a new shooter, say I (Paul Schwenke) signed you up.  It would give me free optionals.  This is a great match at Central Lake Michigan in June!  This use to be called Second Chance.  Many of the same shooters from 20 years ago still attend.  Spread the word, it would be great to see this match thrive again.  Please delete if not allowed.  

The 2019 Pin Shoot will be the third of the renewed series. While many of the events are much like the old days, there have been changes, so be ready for new challenges if you shot in the old days. And new shooters, pin shooting can peg the fun meter.

Posted (edited)

Now I can take my pin gun out of mothballs ! I been looking for a good pin match. 'Can anyone tell me of any local pin matches here in SC or NC?

Would like to find something local for warm ups for the big one!

Edited by ghost21

Just wanted to chime in. I went to PA for vacation. Don't know if anyone here remembers the pin shoot in Topton PA, I shot it twice before they shut down! But I got a chance to go by Randy Hollowbush gun shop, Got to talk with Randy a bit about the good days of pin shooting, He told me that the New Pin shoot in Michigan , is like the ones he use to oversee but some rules are the same but different format and some new rules

Hopefully , If the stars are right for me next year, I can be there at the Pin Shoot in Michigan !

Hope you can make it next year!    I shot the original Second Chance Pin Shoot for about 10 years before it stopped and have been to each of the past 3 of the "The Pin Shoot" matches.   Yes, the format is similar, but 3 tiers and no shoot pins.   More can be found if you search for "The Pin Shoot".    This year I had my 16 year old son shoot the main event and some of the side matches as well.   He took 5th place in a Ruger sponsored event using the new Precision Carbine!    It's great that companies such as Ruger are starting to get involved.   If you have questions, please let me know!   Many of the old pin shooters are there!

Been to the old one, is the new one in the same location ???

Yes, it is on the back range.   Richard had new tables built for the main events and the BCBC & .223 Rifle ranges are the exact same.   Many of the shooters from Second chance are coming.  Hope you can make it!