Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock I and Limited Pro, IFG vs EAA

FALAR

I'm kind of confused now that IFG is in the game what will happen with these two models.

I know that availability can be sparse occasionally no matter what so the fact that I haven't seen either model available (I signed up for email notifications for an online retailer that carries a lot of these guns at what I think are great prices) in a while, while the Stock 2, 3, and others seem to be as long as you don't want the calibers that are currently becoming less popular.

I know IFG is going to import both large frames and small frames with supposedly no overlap with EAA.

So, does it stand to reason that if they are offering the Limited Pro then EAA no longer will be?  I notice it isn't even on their site anymore and not even a single one available on gunbroker.

Where this gets confusing to me is the "Stock 1".  The IFG offering is advertised as both large frame and small frame available.  However, this "Stock 1" is nothing like the one that EAA offers so is it replacing it or not as I see EAA still lists the Stock I on their list of offerings.

The way it appears to me is that IFG is going to take over the "Limited Pro" and sell it at a higher pricepoint than what it used to be as an EAA Witness and they will over their "Stock I" and so will EAA as they are different.  Does anyone know this is in fact the case?

Thanks.

EAA has sold the stock but never the stock 1.

When the Stock 2 came out, everyone just referred to the gun with nothing but “STOCK” on the slide as a stock 1.

Which was fine and dandy, until Tanfoglio decided to come out with their fourth and newest model last year. And actually engrave “STOCK 1” in the slide.

That is the gun IFG imports. EAA has the stock. IFG has the stock 1.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Ahh, ok.  I always thought the "Stock" was was the "Stock I" just like you said.

So in actuality there is the Stock, Stock I, Stock II, and Stock III.  And the Stock I is the newest, which IFG is bringing as the Defiant Stock I.  It looks like a 4.5" Stock III with a strange scalloping on the frontstrap.

I wonder why EAA gave up the Limited Pro, great gun for ~$830 or so.  Looks like when IFG gets some in they're gonna sell them for at least 100 more if not 200.

Edited by FALAR

On 12/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, FALAR said:

I wonder why EAA gave up the Limited Pro, great gun for ~$830 or so.

Low sales volume. As fate would have it they gave it up about the same time that Alex Gutt won the production nationals with that gun so supply waned while interest peaked. 

We are a weird bunch, the Stock 3's are just as good as the 2's and limited pro but do not seem to get as much love. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

You can say that again.  Having those 4 guns kind of gave you some freedom on barrel and dustover lengths:

Stock II, III were your fullsize and longslide full dustcover guns, with the III also being railed while the Stock II had the open slide at the front with the cone barrel.

Stock, Limited Pro were your fullsize and longslide guns without the full dustcover, with the Stock having the open slide and cone barrel.

At least, these were the four models that always interested me.  I never had any interest in the Match (I'd rather pay just a little more and get DA and checkering, the price has always been within about $100), Hunter, Custom, or Xtreme guns.

On the IFG site they are showing the same old Limited Pro but I saw in another post where it was announced that it was going to be a different gun, blued and some other changes.

Based on their new Defiant Stock I price it looks like the new Limited Pro will cost more than the EAA version.  The last time I saw one in stock it was about 830 or so (about the same exact price I got my Stock III for) and I really regret passing now, I had no idea no more were coming over.

I guess most people prefer the full length dustcover then?  Because at the Limited Pro's pricepoint I'm surprised it was a slow mover.  

2 hours ago, FALAR said:

Based on their new Defiant Stock I price

Patriot shows them in stock (no pun intended) for $915. Best price I've seen.

2 hours ago, FALAR said:

I guess most people prefer the full length dustcover then?  Because at the Limited Pro's pricepoint I'm surprised it was a slow mover.  

I may have misled. When I decided I was interested in the LP I called EAA and they told me they had decided not to continue to import them, do not remember for sure if they said why or if I just assumed it was sales volume. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was happy to accidentally buy my Brand new Lim Pro for $700 a couple of years ago.

As for the question on why people are all about the Lim Pro but not the Stock III, Weight. The Lim Pro can make weight for CO and IDPA classes much easier than a Stock III.
If shooting Production, Stock IIs get most of the love.
Next one I get might be a limited gun, but whatever it is, it will be hard chrome, or it will get plated or something.

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Apolo said:

Per John... I too would love a Stock Master Upper on a Limited master Lower. Then All Chrome baby!

Egads, EAA is changing names on their pistols more often than I change my socks! 

I own a few Tanfos and other than my 1990's 10mm compact I have to struggle to remember which is which.

I totally agree on their chrome finishes at their attractive price point (compared to other similar) and weird set of options (SAO or DA/SA, rail/no rail, long/short bbl. chrome, blue, tancoat, and many calibers) they are REALLY hard to beat. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone yet to have any experience dealing with IFG customer service?  If so how were they to work with?  I had a Stock 2 that I never really warmed up to and sold it.  Another big factor in letting it go was the thought of having to deal with EAA in the case of a major issue.

Edited by NWfront

On 8/2/2020 at 8:14 PM, NWfront said:

Has anyone yet to have any experience dealing with IFG customer service?  If so how were they to work with?  I had a Stock 2 that I never really warmed up to and sold it.  Another big factor in letting it go was the thought of having to deal with EAA in the case of a major issue.

I was actually curious about this myself. I sold my Stock 2, and now run a pair of IFG Limited Pros instead. Havent really had any issues with either pistol, and have had one of them for a year and a half now.