Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The wife has decided that she wants a new SUV (where is the eyes rolling emoji?). The choices are between an Infiniti, Lexus, or Acura (I know, I know, there are other options, but let's try to keep it to those 3). 

So, for those having one of the above, or those having all 3 or any combination thereof, what should she look at, with what options? One caveat, it absolutely MUST be all wheel drive. That is not an option. And, she likes them to have all the other bells and whistles as well, if possible.

She currently drives a Loaded Nissan Murano SL AWD. The new one needs to be in the same size range as the Murano.

2 minutes ago, louu said:

This thread should be closed due to the fact that does not fit the specific nature of this form which is promoting competitive shooting in a positive manner.

For the love of god! This part of the forum is for ANYTHING.

Just got the wife a GMC Terrain SLT. 

It's got all the bells and whistles of the Denali without that $10,000 price hike just for the badging on the outside. 

So far it's a pretty decent ride, although I still prefer my truck (always will).

FWIW I have a Honda pilot all wheel drive which is a poor man’s Acura. I can’t say enough good things about it. When we compared the pilot to the Acura though, the Acura had less interior room in favor of fanciness.  My mom has a Lexus and while its very nice, I’d prefer to keep my Honda and tape $20k to the hood

Edited by jkrispies

Grumpy,

friend of mine, who's smarter than me, and has been a mechanic for most of his adult life, endorses the Acura MDX.  AAMOF, after a loaded dump truck rear-ended his wife's MDX, they replaced it with another one.  They're both solid.

My guess is the LX570 is out, since it's Parttime 4WD?  What about the GX? It's fulltime 4WD.....

Yeah, if it wasn't for your full time AWD requirement, I would say 4runner for sure.  My wife has the Lexus NX200.  She drives the snot out of it and as long as we keep the rodents out of the engine compartment, its been perfect for 67,000.  Her Brother had the LX450 (i think thats what is was called) and it was a very nice ride.  

My vote goes the Acura MDX. My wife drives one and she loves it. It’s an older one that has the 3.7 liter engine and wider body and has been solid all these years. It’s also a gas guzzler but has a lot of power. The newer model have the smaller engine now and has better fuel economy and narrower body.

I drive a 4WD 1999 4Runner with a manual transmission and locking rear differential. My wife drives my truck too but she likes the MDX a lot more than the 4Runner. I also like driving the MDX except for the steering feel. It’s like driving a boat especially if I go from driving my 5 series BMW to the MDX.

One more vote for the Lexus rx350

a couple of years back my wife told me she wanted a bigger suv, specifically the Lexus, and I went 😳

i checked out and test drove the Honda, crv & pilot, Acura RDX and mdx, Nissan Murano, Toyota 4Runner and Highlander, Lexus nx200 and rx350

when I compared the vehicles of similar size and comparably equipped they were all within a couple of grand of the rx350

It’s been a solid vehicle, in the 2.5 years we’ve had it, it’s gone in for scheduled maintenance, a recall and a software update

but were up to me, I’d have gotten the 4Runner