Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
SSGJohnV

KKM Hybrid Barrels

Just now, echotango said:

Non-hybrid 5.4 also? 

Maybe! Don't know for sure, unfortunately. I'm currently in Florida about to shoot IPSC Nationals so best I can say is I can look into it Monday. I know we've had an order in for them and are expecting them soon. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

Maybe! Don't know for sure, unfortunately. I'm currently in Florida about to shoot IPSC Nationals so best I can say is I can look into it Monday. I know we've had an order in for them and are expecting them soon. 

Thanks. Good luck!

Edited by echotango

55 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

I received shipping notifications from KKM yesterday, actually. We are expecting to ship them out when they arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Excited to get them out to our patient customers. 

Sweet!

They have arrived, and will be going out today!

Anybody running one of the new KKM Hybrid shorty barrels (Commander Length, 4.65" w/ threads) in their open gun? I'm itching to either convert my full-size hybrid or start a fresh build. Curious as to how much one would need to bump up their load. For reference, my middy KKM 5" bull with 6 v-holes and another large popple through the barrel threads & comp Chrono's the same as my 5.4" SV hybrid with three popple's. 

4 minutes ago, accu9 said:

Anybody running one of the new KKM Hybrid shorty barrels (Commander Length, 4.65" w/ threads) in their open gun? I'm itching to either convert my full-size hybrid or start a fresh build. Curious as to how much one would need to bump up their load. For reference, my middy KKM 5" bull with 6 v-holes and another large popple through the barrel threads & comp Chrono's the same as my 5.4" SV hybrid with three popple's. 

I've been using a commander hybrid KKM since February. Two large ish holes and it chronoed the same as my old 5.4" SV barrel with two medium holes. 9.8 ish grains of AA7 under a 124 grain PD JHP

1 minute ago, SSGJohnV said:

I've been using a commander hybrid KKM since February. Two large ish holes and it chronoed the same as my old 5.4" SV barrel with two medium holes. 9.8 ish grains of AA7 under a 124 grain PD JHP

Exactly what I was hoping for, thanks for the reply . I run AA7 with 115's (10.3gr - 10.6gr depending on the lot), but your 124gr load is identical to what I was loading when I experimented with 124's.