Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM Hybrid Barrels

SSGJohnV

Just now, echotango said:

Non-hybrid 5.4 also? 

Maybe! Don't know for sure, unfortunately. I'm currently in Florida about to shoot IPSC Nationals so best I can say is I can look into it Monday. I know we've had an order in for them and are expecting them soon. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

Maybe! Don't know for sure, unfortunately. I'm currently in Florida about to shoot IPSC Nationals so best I can say is I can look into it Monday. I know we've had an order in for them and are expecting them soon. 

Thanks. Good luck!

Edited by echotango

55 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

I received shipping notifications from KKM yesterday, actually. We are expecting to ship them out when they arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Excited to get them out to our patient customers. 

Sweet!

Anybody running one of the new KKM Hybrid shorty barrels (Commander Length, 4.65" w/ threads) in their open gun? I'm itching to either convert my full-size hybrid or start a fresh build. Curious as to how much one would need to bump up their load. For reference, my middy KKM 5" bull with 6 v-holes and another large popple through the barrel threads & comp Chrono's the same as my 5.4" SV hybrid with three popple's. 

4 minutes ago, accu9 said:

Anybody running one of the new KKM Hybrid shorty barrels (Commander Length, 4.65" w/ threads) in their open gun? I'm itching to either convert my full-size hybrid or start a fresh build. Curious as to how much one would need to bump up their load. For reference, my middy KKM 5" bull with 6 v-holes and another large popple through the barrel threads & comp Chrono's the same as my 5.4" SV hybrid with three popple's. 

I've been using a commander hybrid KKM since February. Two large ish holes and it chronoed the same as my old 5.4" SV barrel with two medium holes. 9.8 ish grains of AA7 under a 124 grain PD JHP

1 minute ago, SSGJohnV said:

I've been using a commander hybrid KKM since February. Two large ish holes and it chronoed the same as my old 5.4" SV barrel with two medium holes. 9.8 ish grains of AA7 under a 124 grain PD JHP

Exactly what I was hoping for, thanks for the reply . I run AA7 with 115's (10.3gr - 10.6gr depending on the lot), but your 124gr load is identical to what I was loading when I experimented with 124's.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:04 PM, clw42 said:

John, can you tell me when you're expecting the next batch of 5.4" threaded hybrids with c/p ramps?

They should be coming in very shortly! I spoke with KKM and they are almost done with the next batch. Expect them on the website here in the next week.

Or, you can give us a call and place a back order.

1 hour ago, SSGJohnV said:

They should be coming in very shortly! I spoke with KKM and they are almost done with the next batch. Expect them on the website here in the next week.

Thanks John, already have one on back order, shipping directly to Don.  I was just curious.

On 1/27/2020 at 12:23 PM, SSGJohnV said:

Thanks John. Great news 

• 3 years later...

I know this is a very old thread, but it’s the only one I found talking about the kkm hybrid barrels. I’m looking for one in 9 and wondering if anyone had a lead on when or if shooters will get any or a line on where I can find one. 

3 hours ago, nasabob1 said:

I know this is a very old thread, but it’s the only one I found talking about the kkm hybrid barrels. I’m looking for one in 9 and wondering if anyone had a lead on when or if shooters will get any or a line on where I can find one. 

Have you thought about ordering one directly from KKM?

https://kkmprecision.com/home/shop/

💡

The KKM front page says:

NO NEED TO CALL OR EMAIL TO VERIFY ~THESE LEAD TIMES ARE UP TO DATE AND WE DO NOT EXPEDITE 

AS OF MAY 2023, CURRENT LEAD TIMES ARE APPROXIMATELY 5 WEEKS BEFORE SHIPPING ON ALL GLOCK/M&P ORDERS.

APPROXIMATELY 6 WEEKS ON ALL BHP, 1911, BERETTA, SIG & SPRINGFIELD ORDERS.

Edited by perttime