Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN SLP not chambering

HorizonT_s

I have an SLP I have been using this last year for 3-gun. Just recently I have had issues with the shells catching on the ejection port side of the chamber. This summer I had the loading port and lifter welded and had no issues until last month.

I took the gun apart and found the lifter lip to be bent out. I straightened it up and went to the range and am still having the same issue. Looking for advice on how to fix this or if it’s just time to get a new gun.

I have images but can’t upload them the file size is too large.

That bent lifter lip...was it bent / curved down ?

With the trigger group installed is the lifter centered in the receiver? (Verify that the lifter has not become bent to one side)

Have you changed the brand of shells you are using? Do your shells have a smooth, nicely rounded crimp - or is the crimp end of the shell slightly bulged like mushroom? (Avoid shells that bulge at the crimp)

Does the extractor cut in the chamber have a sharp edge? (Lightly smooth off the sharp edge if present)

The lifter does appear centered, but does have some play in it if wiggled. The lip that was bent was one of the very short vertical ones that come off the base. The side towards the ejection port this is what I thought was causing it but when fixed it still the same issues.

using the same shells fiocchi super dynamic 7.5. They appear round even crimp. Not sure on the extract cut

41 minutes ago, HorizonT_s said:

That parts solid. I can try getting a replacement lifter from MW and see if that fixes it.

If the feeding issues coincided with the lifter modification that may be a good plan.

When that U in the lifter is filled in that changes the shell feed angle (raises the shell more) - so the modified end of the lifter is generally bent to accommodate. If you have  CRUMS modify the factory lifter he will make the proper adjustments.