Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cannot rack slide on a full mag

magfull

General Question:  I have a Glock 43 with a +1 mag floor plate.  After loading 7 rounds and fully seating the mag in the mag well, the slide cannot be retracted to chamber the top round.  The slide moves back 3/4 of an inch and stops.  I have another G43 with several factory mags with the same +1 floor plate - no issues retracting the slide on the second G43.  The mags from the second G43 also fail to feed in the first G 43.  However, the first round WILL extract if the slide stop is locked to the rear and released after the Full mag is inserted.  Except for the +1 mag floor plate, everything is factory and no modifications of any kind have been performed on either G43.   BTW - Six round mag feeds just fine.  Thanks for any valid suggestions. 

Thanks.  That's what I originally thought but the mags from the second G43 don't work in the first G43 either.  Also this was an original Glock 6 round mag so adding the +1 floor plate has actually extended the length of the mag spring (lessing the upward pressure).  I will take your suggestion and swap springs just in case the spring is jammed inside.

Thanks again.

14 minutes ago, magfull said:

Thanks.  That's what I originally thought but the mags from the second G43 don't work in the first G43 either.  Also this was an original Glock 6 round mag so adding the +1 floor plate has actually extended the length of the mag spring (lessing the upward pressure).  I will take your suggestion and swap springs just in case the spring is jammed inside.

Thanks again.

ahh, I read that wrong. Thought you had said the 2nd set of mags worked fine.. possible maybe the mag catch in the 2nd glock is allowing them to lock in higher than the first one? I know that's a possible issue in 2011s, but not sure it applies to Glocks.