Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How good is the CZ TAC SPORT

Adrenaline

I like them as well and Fire 4 Effect is a good company,  great customer service and they make some nice stuff.  Don't think you can go wrong with one for Limited if your budget allows the already modified ones they sell are ready to go out of the box.

Wow that's a nice picture. And thanks guys. Wow. They seem crazy good. I am just now noticing CZ in the uspsa world. I know how that sounds because they seem to be so good but I have been trying to stay true with what I shoot but I think I need an all metal, single action, limited major gun.

Just get the new TSO instead of a TS. The new TSO incorporates the enhancements/upgrades a lot of people did to their TSO including me. The new TSO comes with a better mag release pad ( like a shadow 2), wider and better extended safety(from Shadow 2 again), aluminum trigger shoe instead of polymer.

These are things that majority of TSO owners have instead to their old TSO. In fact, I had to grind, drill and tap the mag release to install the shadow pad on my TSO since CZ dozens sell the new mag release yet.

IMO, the regular TS is a better investment than the TSO.  I ran a stock TS in Limited for two seasons with few mods.  I swapped out the front sight for a FO sight and filed down the ears of the rear sight so I could use it as a slide racker.   I bought a fourth mag and four extended base pads.  That's it.

Later I sent the gun down to CGW.  They replaced the sear and hammer, transfer bar and trigger pin, along with firing pin, mainspring, etc.  I wanted to get rid of the little creep the TS had.  I was assured the component swap would make a major difference.  It didn't.  Creep was marginally better, but everything else was the same as before.  I actually liked the plastic trigger better, because it sat more forward.  The only real improvement was the addition of the 10X bushing.  Mine had worn and accuracy started to drop off.  The new bushing brought it back.

So what I'm basically saying is you can throw a lot of money at a TS and get no real improvement.

Now for the TSO.  What does the extra $500 actually get you?  Not much.  You get a forged frame instead of cast.  You get a thumb rest that isn't very good, and has to be removed unless you run a race holster.  You get cute base pads that you have to throw away, because you really do need 20 in a mag reloadable.  You get cute grips that need to be replaced because they are not grippy enough.  The metal magwell is more aesthetically pleasing then the plastic, and the grip shape is better.  The supposedly better slide to frame fit is a myth.  My TS came from CZC more tightly fitted than any of the three TSOs I've handled.

Since the OP is looking at a Fire 4 Effect custom job, there is no reason to consider a TSO as the starting point.  F4E has done everything that I eventually did to my TS, except for the slide racker.  I still prefer the lowered, rounded, radiused fixed sight.  A reduced grip TS is more holdable than the TSO grip.  The only thing I would replace on the F4E gun is the grips.  The LOK thin boggies are grippier.

A, go ahead and buy it.  I have my highly customized TS in 40, plus two 2011s in 40.  The TS is superior in Limited, IMO.  Muzzle rise is less, and the grip is more ergonomic.  Plus the mags just plain work without tuning.

I'd buy another TS in a heartbeat. I'd also buy a new style TSO. It depends on what you want. The TSO has vastly improved grip checkering and a better undercut as well as the S2 style mag release. To me that's worth $500 already simply because it fits my hand so well. Either gun I'd replace a sight, front on the TS and rear on the TSO. Either gun will get grips replaced and new base pads + internals. I don't like sending guns off to get ground on, re-checkered and refinished. Having said that, both my Shadow 1 and Shadow 2's were upgraded with production race packages before I even pulled the trigger. 

The TSO is better in every way than the TS. Just the frame checkering alone is worth the money to me.

That said, the TS is an awesome gun, and if I were going to go to FFE to have their work done to it I would buy the regular TS.

The TS is the best value in a steel competition gun available. These are just my opinions.

40 minutes ago, zzt said:

IMO, the regular TS is a better investment than the TSO.  I ran a stock TS in Limited for two seasons with few mods.  I swapped out the front sight for a FO sight and filed down the ears of the rear sight so I could use it as a slide racker.   I bought a fourth mag and four extended base pads.  That's it.

Later I sent the gun down to CGW.  They replaced the sear and hammer, transfer bar and trigger pin, along with firing pin, mainspring, etc.  I wanted to get rid of the little creep the TS had.  I was assured the component swap would make a major difference.  It didn't.  Creep was marginally better, but everything else was the same as before.  I actually liked the plastic trigger better, because it sat more forward.  The only real improvement was the addition of the 10X bushing.  Mine had worn and accuracy started to drop off.  The new bushing brought it back.

So what I'm basically saying is you can throw a lot of money at a TS and get no real improvement.

Now for the TSO.  What does the extra $500 actually get you?  Not much.  You get a forged frame instead of cast.  You get a thumb rest that isn't very good, and has to be removed unless you run a race holster.  You get cute base pads that you have to throw away, because you really do need 20 in a mag reloadable.  You get cute grips that need to be replaced because they are not grippy enough.  The metal magwell is more aesthetically pleasing then the plastic, and the grip shape is better.  The supposedly better slide to frame fit is a myth.  My TS came from CZC more tightly fitted than any of the three TSOs I've handled.

tso frame  not forged . it's  cast frame like on ts.  and my both tso  don't have  tight fit and have  sloppy  workmanship.

but  the checkering on tso worth all to me.  tso seat at my hands much better than ts.

tso is very good handgun , but i prefer 2011 platform😉

Edited by yigal

If you can, hold a ts and tso. One of the two will feel better in your hands. Both will be reliable and have a great trigger, so pick the one that is most ergonomic to you. The checkering on the tso is nice, but grip tape is better than any checkering in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Holding each will do no good.  The OP is looking at a F4E gun that will already have a significant grip reduction.  As I mentioned earlier.  A reduced TS grip like the pictures below is more undercuut than the tso and more ergonomic.post-54411-0-75004100-1449264313_thumb.jpgpost-54411-0-96826000-1449264328_thumb.jpg