Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mini printers for competitor stage results...?

jakfrost1

We started with a set of 4 Fire tablets over a year ago, and despite the usual hiccups, ( scorekeepers neglecting to insure they were scoring the CORRECT shooter, arggggg, my nightmare ), we are certainly never going back to paper, for scoring at least. BUT...I realize that if we are ever going to graduate from an IPSC L2 match it will involve having some kind of paper backup for scoring and it seems the majority of L3's I have been to lately are using some form of mini-printer, generally clipped to the scorekeepers belt from which he/she produces an immediate backup from the tablet that the competitor has just hit the 'APPROVE' key on. 

There are a number of choices out there, mostly on Amazon, but before I commit to buying 4-5 of them, is there any consensus, general or otherwise, on a couple models that prove to be reliable and suitable for the task?  

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

WoW...guess everyone is busy over the holidays...oh well, still time before the season opens up here in the frozen north country :) But ideally I would be able to bring 5 mini’s home from the Florida Open in February, save on duties and taxes...

Happy New Year Everyone! 

Jim

Sorry, I forget which bluetooth receipt printers we had at a Match. Probably something cheap ordered from aliexpress, or something. I guess they worked OK, once we got the trick: keep it near enough to the tablet at all times. Most shooters didn't want the paper copy. We didn't need them for official results as everything was constantly updated to a master computer.