Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9 Pro sear modification

Bench

Has anyone had success with the sear modification per Burwell mods? That's the one where the "top' of the sear is taken down to reduce the engagement measurement of the striker 'pin' and the sear.

http://www.burwellguns.com/misc/M&Ptriggerjob.pdf

1.) Was there a reduced trigger pull as big as he reports?

2.) What did you use to reduce the height: ie hand file/stone vs. mill?

3.) How did you measure the process given the architecture of the underside of the sear with respect to using a calipers?🙄

Thanks!!

I did this to my M&P Pro.  I took some 400 grit sand paper and put it on a flat surface.  Then made a few passes of the top of the sear over the sandpaper. Put the sear back and tested it. It took a few time repeating this process to get it to the point I liked. Then I used 2000 grit sandpaper to smooth the sear.   Do a little at a time.

10 hours ago, Salsantini said:

Then made a few passes of the top of the sear over the sandpaper. Put the sear back and tested it. It took a few time repeating this process to get it to the point I liked.

What parameters did you use to define 'the point I liked'? Was it trigger pull weight, or other characteristic?

2 hours ago, Salsantini said:

Sorry.  Should have bee more specific.  I took it to the point I no longer felt creep.  

Thanks...I was just wondering about a clearer definition since this is a 'tuning' process that not many people have been talking about. What else have you done with your M&P?