Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger questions for 9mm

I have been running a CMC 4.5lb trigger in my 9mm ar.   No problems yet.  I see CMC now has a specific 9mm AR trigger.  If I need another trigger anyway should I buy the 9mm version and switch?  Is there any reason to believe it will last longer than the 223 version?

My  223 Timney trigger probably has 10K rounds on it with no issues.

I guess you would gain a 1 pound trigger weight decrease for your $170 purchase.  If you shoot a lot of matches, it's a good idea to had a spare trigger.

And make sure your spare parts and spare firing pin are in your range bag since I've proven that having a spare in your garage does no good when you're at a match with a broken part.

5 hours ago, tk4 said:

I have been running a CMC 4.5lb trigger in my 9mm ar.   No problems yet.  I see CMC now has a specific 9mm AR trigger.  If I need another trigger anyway should I buy the 9mm version and switch?  Is there any reason to believe it will last longer than the 223 version?

Most of the trigger companies started redesigning their triggers when the PCC became popular. This is because on most PCCs the firing pin sits slightly higher.  Some of the triggers combined with some of the PCCs experienced intermittent light strikes cause the trigger wasn’t hitting the firing pin just right.  I experienced this when I put my .223 Gisselle in my PCC.  The companies redesigned them to overcome this difference, but are nearly the exact same otherwise.  Both should be of same quality and last just as long, respectively.