Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Too good to be true? Microsoft office Professional?

I'm an old guy, and "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

While I am well aware of that, I sure wish this was legit.  What do you think?  You can feel welcome to tell me "to pull my head out of my rear and get real, this is a scam". 

https://fastsoftware.com/collections/microsoft-office-2019/products/microsoft-office-2019-professional-plus-for-windows-pc

Thanks for your thoughts

Edited by Clay1

I did notice that these guys are in the UK.  There is also a coupon for another 10% off.  Now that I look at the picture, it does say 365 on it, which is a yearly product, the photo also says MAC on it.  When I read the description it says:  Lifetime license, pay once, for Windows..  Those conflicting pieces of information should be a red flag for me.  

Maybe, I should be asking where is the best place to buy this software stateside?   We all want a 2 carrot diamond solitaire ring for $49, but when we see one, we know that it is not as advertised.

This is from their website:

s_w2_250x.png?v=1542629308

Home Microsoft Office 2019 Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus for Windows PC
Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus for Windows PC
  •  

Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus for Windows PC

Screen_Shot_2018-07-26_at_14.49.01-2.png?13799773913211244428
Regular price $89.99
  • Download Immediately After Purchase
  • One Time Payment - Lifetime Licence
  • Genuine Retail Software Guaranteed
  • Dedicated After Sales Support Team
Head Office:   Fast Software LTD, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom
  • Phone Support:  (020) 3967 8380
  • Email Support:  help@fastsoftware.com
  • Company Number:   11467318
  • Trademark Number:   UK00003325017
  • Microsoft Partner Number:   5207108

genuine.png?18167345054960970569

Edited by Clay1

• 2 weeks later...

I started this thread and for me I passed on this.  I went to Ebay and you can find even better deals on fake software from MS.  If you think the $80 is a good price you can find the same kind of stuff for $8-$12.  The biggest thing that I found was that the are genuine MS codes taken off of systems that were not meant to be sold to individuals.  MS said that selling these key codes is illegal.  Many of the reviewers said that the codes will probably work until the first update is done at which point MS will revoke your permission a couple of months down the road.   Two months later, even if you paid by credit card, it's too late to get your money back.

If you want something for free, I did install this on my wife's laptop:  https://www.libreoffice.org/

Here is a nice YT video on the free ones that are out there: 

Yes, Open Office was the guy in the above video's second choice for a freebie.  I still just have to figure out how badly I need MS office suite.  The best prices that I can find from a reputable dealer are from New Egg.  I also have to figure out how badly I want Access and Publisher since the MS Office Pro raises the price tag again.  Anyone know of a better price from a reputable dealer?

Newegg Digital Download Delivery Service Important Shipping Information

In Stock
Limit 20
  • $439.99
  • $399.99
  • Save: 9.09%

In Stock
Limit 20
  • $249.99
  • $229.99
  • Save: 8.00%

Edited by Clay1

Many workplaces have agreements with Microsoft to sell Office at a discounted price to staff.  Where I work we can get Office Professional for either Mac or PC for $10.  That includes everything...with the exception of Access on the Mac version.  Visit the Microsoft HUP website to see if you can get a discount that way.  If not...Google Docs has come a long way.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm late to the party here, but in my opinion it just isn't worth buying a traditional Office license anymore, and it's Microsoft's ultimate goal to eliminate is purchasing model anyway.

For under $100 bucks a year you can just purchase an Office365 Personal Subscription. Any new versions of Office are covered by the subscription, you can install it on as many personal computers as you want, and you get 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage with that as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...