Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bulletfeeder vs. Mini Mr. Bulletfeeder

Hope this is in the right location for question..

I am about to make the jump into reloading with a 650 for my growing production addiction. Looking at the Mini vs. full size bullet feeder. Better to buy once/cry once or start with the mini? The money is only part of the issue as I will also be jumping on the learning curve ride as I am a complete newbie. (Fortunately with friends who reload nearby!)

Thanks for any input.

This question comes up fairly regularly.

There are those who sincerely like the miniMBF.

There are also those who have tried it and believe that it is not a huge advance, and actually takes more time, over loading the bullet manually, especially when compared to using the real deal MBF.

I am in the latter camp. I believe a reasonable alternative is just buy the MBF bullet feeder die and the MBF power funnel.

The funnel does a great job of flaring the brass to receive the bullet and the feeder die does a good job of placing the bullet on your brass without requiring a lot of thinking and precision on your part. Instead of having to concentrate on accurately placing the bullet on the brass you can just drop them into the die using about 10% of the brain power it would take otherwise.

I originally bought the mini and used it for a couple of years.  I got tired of loading the bullets into the tube.  I bought the MBF and I haven't looked back.  Do yourself a favor and get the MBF.  You will learn how to load with it quickly and you'll be glad you got it.