Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI VS. TF 10 round extensions

I have mags set up with both manufacturers pads you mention.  Both work flawlessly and I would say you cant go wrong with either.  I have only used factory glock bodies so I have no idea how good/bad the ETS is.  The oal on jhps is 1.140......seems to be a pretty standard oal that you see a lot of guys running.  

I right after nationals I switched from a fleet(5) of delrin TF pads to TTI on factory Glock mags. Never had any reliability issues with either. Function wise the only thing I have noticed is sometimes I can get an extra round in the TTI vs the TF. The TTIs make taking the mag apart a bit easier to take apart and I like the looks a little better. I load Precision Delta 124jhps to 1.125" FWIW. 

go with the TF base pads if you plan to run them on ETS mags.

The TTI's need a lot of work on the follower to function with an ETS mag.

if you plan to run factory mags, I would say TTI, just cause they are cheaper, and a little slimmer in profile

11 hours ago, Bullet56A said:

I run the TF ...

load short due to my PCC chamber  1.110 but have never had a malfunction. 

Super light also. 

If you want, Rick, I have a reamer that lets me cut a PCC barrel without pulling it out of the upper. My CMMG takes everything out to 1.150 now - it was even shorter than yours.

I JB Weld a dummy round onto the end of a bamboo shish-ke-bob skewer so I can plunk & spin test it when I’m cutting it. :D 

Just now, MemphisMechanic said:

If you want, Rick, I have a reamer that lets me cut a PCC barrel without pulling it out of the upper. My CMMG takes everything out to 1.150 now - it was even shorter than yours.

I JB Weld a dummy round onto the end of a bamboo shish-ke-bob skewer so I can plunk & spin test it when I’m cutting it. :D 

Mine has been cut to 1.155

It just likes short rounds for some reason. 

Thanks tho 

1 hour ago, Bullet56A said:

Mine has been cut to 1.155

It just likes short rounds for some reason. 

Thanks tho 

👍

Gotcha.

I haven’t had the chance to work OAL & charge wieght up to find a load optimized for accuracy. I might very well end up at 1.110 too, once I do.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
3 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Can you please elaborate on what the problems were with the ETS mags and what you Dremeled to get them to work?

thanks

The basepads are made for Glock magazines, so the basepads don’t work perfectly out of the box.  Basically, the internal dimensions of the pad are smaller than that of the ETS mag.  The follower won’t go down into the basepad in stock condition. 10 minutes with a Dremel to open up the inside of the basepad solves this.

16 hours ago, troupe said:

I have used both. TF was nothing but trouble. I have commented on multiple times and never heard a thing from TF. I would go with the TTI. Never had a issue with them.

I do not believe that Robin monitors these pages. I had some issues earlier this year. left a phone message for him. He took time out from his vacation to call me and to then call the office to have them ship me springs.

Don't throw TF under the bus just because Robin did not read a comment hear or somewhere. Calling them works wonders. They are very nice and truly want shooters to enjoy their product. 

BTW. I use 3 of the +10 pads. 2 on my 33 round mags and 1 on my 17 round mag. After following the video's instructions to clean up the bottom of the glock mags and some small work on the followers mine work 100 percent. I am actually thinking of converting one of my mags over to the new big extension TF just released.

Edited by mstamper
17 hours ago, troupe said:

I have used both. TF was nothing but trouble. I have commented on multiple times and never heard a thing from TF. I would go with the TTI. Never had a issue with them.

I had excellent communication with TF using Facebook Message service.

Issue I had was with rounds hanging up in the 10 round extension where it meets the Glock mag base.

This required a small amount of filing on the back of the extension to correct.

The included instructions mention having to do this if the Glock mags are out of spec.

FYI TF recommends that rounds be 1.125 or shorter OAL to function properly.

Edited by JZELEK
11 hours ago, mstamper said:

I do not believe that Robin monitors these pages. I had some issues earlier this year. left a phone message for him. He took time out from his vacation to call me and to then call the office to have them ship me springs.

Don't throw TF under the bus just because Robin did not read a comment hear or somewhere. Calling them works wonders. They are very nice and truly want shooters to enjoy their product.

I bought one of the TF Goliath base plates and had trouble cycling my 9mm PCC ammo through the magazine...  Couldn't figure out why as his 10+1 base plates work well with the same ammo...  Called Robin and he was very helpful, but mentioned that the Goliath like bullets 1.125 or shorter...  at that time his web site didn't say anything about requiring a shorter cartridge...  One brand new Goliath base plate sitting in my parts box.

27 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I bought one of the TF Goliath base plates and had trouble cycling my 9mm PCC ammo through the magazine...  Couldn't figure out why as his 10+1 base plates work well with the same ammo...  Called Robin and he was very helpful, but mentioned that the Goliath like bullets 1.125 or shorter...  at that time his web site didn't say anything about requiring a shorter cartridge...  One brand new Goliath base plate sitting in my parts box.

He states that oal for all his glock mag extenders.
BTW. if you are not wanting to use the Goliath I would be interested in buying from you.

Edited by mstamper

mstamper,  I am not throwing anyone under a bus !!  I don't need to do that. I have been in this sport way to long  to have to resort to that. I don't know Robin, never shot with him, no reason to throw him under a bus. He is making money from shooters by producing a product that works most of the time, great for him. When a product is being made for shooters and a lot of money is being charged and it has to be altered to work, that speaks for itself. In all fairness to TF, tolerances have to be dealt with and allowed for.  One mag will be different then the other. Got it !  Throwing someone under a bus, really . I am glad for you that you are a happy TF customer. I purchased one basepad and it did not work. I am speaking from other comments that theirs did not work either with out be altered. I also had a product for shooters that had started a standard for shooters today, textured grips. My grips had won World, National, Area, and State titles in the day. Now, everyone has textured grips and most do the grips themselves. You now see grips coming from the factory with higher trigger guard cuts as well as more aggressive texturing. When others started doing grips and making money at it, did I throw then under a bus. NO ! I was happy for them.  The "under the bus" comment was un-called for.  

mstamper,  I am not throwing anyone under a bus !!  I don't need to do that. I have been in this sport way to long  to have to resort to that. I don't know Robin, never shot with him, no reason to throw him under a bus. He is making money from shooters by producing a product that works most of the time, great for him. When a product is being made for shooters and a lot of money is being charged and it has to be altered to work, that speaks for itself. In all fairness to TF, tolerances have to be dealt with and allowed for.  One mag will be different then the other. Got it !  Throwing someone under a bus, really . I am glad for you that you are a happy TF customer. I purchased one basepad and it did not work. I am speaking from other comments that theirs did not work either with out be altered. I also had a product for shooters that had started a standard for shooters today, textured grips. My grips had won World, National, Area, and State titles in the day. Now, everyone has textured grips and most do the grips themselves. You now see grips coming from the factory with higher trigger guard cuts as well as more aggressive texturing. When others started doing grips and making money at it, did I throw then under a bus. NO ! I was happy for them.  The "under the bus" comment was un-called for.  
TF pads do not have to be altered. The inconsistency in glock mag products is what has to be addressed. Taran tactical says to clean up the bottom of glock mags. So does mbx. So do several other companies who make extensions for glock mags.
You specifically said that you posted questions on a forum about TF products. Not sure it was here or somewhere else that you posted your questions. You implied that because TF never responded to you that somehow they had an inferior product.
Stating that pretty much is throwing TF under the bus. You can say whatever you want to try to justify yourself to yourself. The proof is in the words you posted.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk