Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
robert.a.brewer.

Czechmate Thumb Rest

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, selecw said:

IPSC Alex

Would you mind sending a link?

I don't seem to find one that attaches to the mount, not through the mount into the frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Alex goes through the mount into the frame. This is a good thing IMHO as it makes it very secure.

 

Edited by selecw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

I found what I need from Seboweapons.com, but he is out of stock.😡

Emailed CZ-USA for their product number, since it is not listed in the catalog of spare parts.

 

The first pic is from abb1, who drilled his own adjustment holes in a CZC mount, and the second is the CM CMore mount.

 

And hijacking my own thread, the 2019 CZUB catalog is out.  When will we see one from CZ-USA? I know, I know, there is a "slight" delay.

CM Rest for CMore Mount.jpg

Edited by robert.a.brewer.
add pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Serbo. It's good, although I prefer the Alex.

Edited by selecw
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

I found what I need from Seboweapons.com, but he is out of stock.😡

Emailed CZ-USA for their product number, since it is not listed in the catalog of spare parts.

 

The first pic is from abb1, who drilled his own adjustment holes in a CZC mount, and the second is the CM CMore mount.

 

And hijacking my own thread, the 2019 CZUB catalog is out.  When will we see one from CZ-USA? I know, I know, there is a "slight" delay.

CM Rest for CMore Mount.jpg

 

One thing you might want to do is replace the Allen head screws with Torx like in the other pic. The Allen heads are easy to round off.

 

Edited by selecw
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, selecw said:

 

One thing you might want to do is replace the Allen head screws with Torx like in the other pic. The Allen heads are easy to round off.

 

Agreed; plus the Torx have a Techno-cool factor that I like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then ipsc Alex rest is great. Only bad thing for me was that it came with screws that were too short so I went and got some torx head screws and cut them to length so that it screwed into the frame also. Worked with the czc multi optic mount as well as the stock cmore one. They are located in Canada. My friends took a month to deliver but mine took maybe a week

https://ipscalex.com/collections/pistol-accessories/products/alexrest-for-cz-czechmate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, love2fishnshoot said:

Then ipsc Alex rest is great. Only bad thing for me was that it came with screws that were too short so I went and got some torx head screws and cut them to length so that it screwed into the frame also. Worked with the czc multi optic mount as well as the stock cmore one. They are located in Canada. My friends took a month to deliver but mine took maybe a week

https://ipscalex.com/collections/pistol-accessories/products/alexrest-for-cz-czechmate

 

That is exactly what I did too. Make sure the screws aren’t too long after you cut them down ...

 

My thumb rest also took about a week to arrive.

Edited by selecw
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea. You’ll know instantly if they are too long. Can’t rack the slide fully.  I actually just took a dremel with a metal cutting wheel and just kept shaving the screw down til it got to the right length

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, love2fishnshoot said:

Yea. You’ll know instantly if they are too long. Can’t rack the slide fully.  I actually just took a dremel with a metal cutting wheel and just kept shaving the screw down til it got to the right length

 

Dremel here too, although I used the flat side of the cutting wheel to sand it down 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, selecw said:

 

Dremel here too, although I used the flat side of the cutting wheel to sand it down 😀

That's what I meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need the one from Seboweapons. Do NOT get the IpscAlex one. Thumbrests need to be put on so that at LEAST two screws have the scope mount bolted directly to the frame using the screws countersinks. This is not possible with the ipscalex mount and you WILL lose zero, which I have found. I now have the Sebo weapons one and no more issues. 

Edited by abb1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, abb1 said:

You need the one from Seboweapons. Do NOT get the IpscAlex one. Thumbrests need to be put on so that at LEAST two screws have the scope mount bolted directly to the frame using the screws countersinks. This is not possible with the ipscalex mount and you WILL lose zero which I have found. I now have the Sebo weapons one and no more issues. 

 

Two screws go through the thumb rest, then through the mount and info the frame. There is one additional screw that goes through the mount into the frame. So you have three screws total holding the Alex in place. It is very solid. Now I like the Serbo and it is good quality but I preferred the bigger surface area the Alex provides to my thumb. The downside of the Alex is that it is not adjustable for cant or reach.

Edited by selecw
Update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, selecw said:

 

Two screws go through the thumb rest, then through the mount and info the frame. There is one additional screw that goes through the mount into the frame. So you have three screws total holding the Alex in place. It is very solid. Now I like the Serbo and it is good quality but I preferred the bigger surface area the Alex provides to my thumb. The downside of the Alex is that it is not adjustable for cant or reach.

Correct, but the countersinks are in the thumbrest leaving an area in the frame where the mount can slightly adjust due to recoil. This is explained somewhere in another post with diagrams. This is easy with 2011 mounts as there is more than three screws securing the mount, so you can have two secured directly to the mounts countersinks and two to the thumbrest. The CM only has three screws, so this is not possible. I wish that I would have bookmarked that post as it was very informative. 

Edited by abb1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, abb1 said:

Correct, but the countersinks are in the thumbrest leaving an area in the frame where the mount can slightly adjust due to recoil. This is explained somewhere in another post with diagrams. This is easy with 2011 mounts as there is more than three screws securing the mount, so you can have two secured directly to the mounts countersinks and two to the thumbrest. The CM only has three screws, so this is not possible. I wish that I would have bookmarked that post as it was very informative. 

 

So if I understand what you are saying, the two countersinks in the thumbrest and the one countersink in the mount allow “slop”? This would then cause a shifting zero? This is an interesting theory. Are any Czechmate owners experiencing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I did.

Had this with several thumbrests. I now have a TSO rest, the 90degree mount is fitted with two screws. The thumbrest with one, locktite and anti skid tape.

 

Now only the thumbrest moves now and then.

Two screws in the thumbrest and one directly in the mount and it will lose zero in less than 200 shots. 

 

Edited by GhostDog
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GhostDog said:

Yes, I do.

Had this with several thumbrests. I now have a TSO rest, the 90degree mount is fitted with two screws. The thumbrest with one, locktite and anti skid tape.

 

Now only the thumbrest moves now and then.

Two screws in the thumbrest and one directly in the mount and it will lose zero in less than 200 shots. 

 

 

Did you have the IPSC Alex thumb rest and experience zero shift with it ? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, but one that is similar, made by a guy in Malaysia (Advance Ratio?).

 

Problem is not in the rest, but in the mount. It needs a minimum of two heads in the countersink holes to stay in place.

Only one and it will rotate around it.

 

edit: abb1, was there a solution in the post you mentioned?

Edited by GhostDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



No, but one that is similar, made by a guy in Malaysia (Advance Ratio?).
 
Problem is not in the rest, but in the mount. It needs a minimum of two heads in the countersink holes to stay in place.
Only one and it will rotate around it.
 
edit: abb1, was there a solution in the post you mentioned?


I saw that abb1 drilled and tapped screw holes into his scope mount to attach his thumb rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GhostDog said:

No, but one that is similar, made by a guy in Malaysia (Advance Ratio?).

 

Problem is not in the rest, but in the mount. It needs a minimum of two heads in the countersink holes to stay in place.

Only one and it will rotate around it.

 

edit: abb1, was there a solution in the post you mentioned?

 

 

There are 3 screws, 2 of which go through the thumbrest, that thread into the frame. How does it rotate? By the way, the holes in the frame are not countersunk. Just threaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cut off the first hole of the ipsc Alex thumbrest then drilled and tapped a second hole straight to the optic mount. I only had to zero the gun once in two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I cut off the first hole of the ipsc Alex thumbrest then drilled and tapped a second hole straight to the optic mount. I only had to zero the gun once in two years.

I like it! Can you post a pic? Did you keep the same angle?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...