Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mbx lightweight barrel

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TNREDNECK said:

It’s always been for those with the bad shooting barrels that they would take the barrels back and test them and then there would be conversation , what your set up , and so forth, it didn’t happen. There stance was barrel 100% send us your gun, so we can fixt what’s wrong with your platform,if they just had someone with people skills that was willing to talk on the phone in a reasonable way . The whole thing could have been avoided . And it was another poster who brought up maybe they fudged there testing, not one of us 3 . They insinuating is what got me riddled up . The whole beauty of the AR platform is the plug and play, and so 2 of us reinstalled our original barrel both guns different mine a JP the other custom build and they both shoot great again. It’s not like there’s multiple ways you can put the barrel in. Again good customer service is how you Handel the difficult stuff. 

JP says if your not happy I am not happy, this is how customer service should work !!!!

Did they specifically say they were going to 'fix your gun', or could they possibly mean that it would help them further diagnose what could be the issue just by installing and test firing?  My guess would have been the latter.

As far as 'fudging', didn't you write.....?

14 hours ago, TNREDNECK said:

It’s clear they found a burr or something in the barrel removed it and the barrel now shoots good, or maybe you believe that 3 people could come up  with the same results and all be wrong. You decide just remember they were not concerned with what we shot or anything . If there was nothing wrong why are they now testing every barrel ,because we were not the first ones to let them know they couldn’t get the barrel to group. So based on the way we were all treated you decide if it makes sense to risk it. All Adrian wanted to say over and over is we need to test your gun which has nothing wrong with it , and because I would not send him my gun that works fine he became hostile. As someone else posted customer service is how you Handel the problems not the easy stuff. Hey this is Adrian we couldn’t find any problem with your barrel what would like to do , we can send it back , send you the midweight or give you a refund your choice. CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT  WINS. What he did imply that we did something wrong,can’t shoot . And try to make us the bad GUYS. 

Again, I'm not taking sides and understand your frustration, but that's a pretty specific claim of dishonesty.  I just don't see them 'insinuating' based on what has been provided here, and if someone got good results with one of my barrels it would only make sense that something in my setup isn't jiving with the barrel.  I've had things like that happen with guns, and of course it stinks that you have to take a loss if selling it afterwards, but I don't put that all on the manufacturer.

It seems to me that both sides may have taken things pretty badly from the other right at the start, and it snowballed pretty quickly.  By its now it looks like it's way past the point of really determining what's going on wit the barrel/setup.  Which is too bad because if I ever have to inquire about a repair or such, if I'm associated with this thread I'd be bringing up a lot of negativity whether I wanted to or not.

Edited by MoRivera

You are correct , but my response is after they have impugned us through email, not try to insult you but any barrel maker will tell it either shoots or it doesn’t, when doesn’t there are things you can do to repair it , clean out a burr or recrown . It’s just not possible that 3 guys could have the same results and there be nothing wrong with the barrel . That what I believe they did , but it doesn’t matter to me anymore we will test when I get mybarrel back if it shoots I will sell it if it doesn’t I lost $ 300  . 

1 hour ago, TNREDNECK said:

And it was another poster who brought up maybe they fudged there testing, not one of us 3 . 

It was me.  I asked you guys if that’s what you thought was going on.  Why did I ask?  Because everyone was so insistent that the barrel was the only explanation for poor accuracy...even in the face of accuracy testing done with a variety of loads by the guys at MBX.

I seriously doubt they found a burr in the barrel, lapped or reamed it out, then conducted the accuracy testing in order to win this possible contest.

I’ve known David and Adrian for a long time and I would never accuse them of being dishonest and risk the reputation of the company to prove three random dudes on Enos incorrect.

I do think it would be interesting to see the three guns in question subject to the same testing procedures that were done at MBX.  That way the assumptions and accusations would stop and we’d actually see some objective results and data that both sides would accept.

2 hours ago, TNREDNECK said:

You are correct , but my response is after they have impugned us through email, not try to insult you but any barrel maker will tell it either shoots or it doesn’t, when doesn’t there are things you can do to repair it , clean out a burr or recrown . It’s just not possible that 3 guys could have the same results and there be nothing wrong with the barrel . That what I believe they did , but it doesn’t matter to me anymore we will test when I get mybarrel back if it shoots I will sell it if it doesn’t I lost $ 300  . 

Wouldn't that be a good reason to want to check with someone else's rifle/setup?  To further diagnose what is going on?  Because if they test a barrel that's returned and it shoots well, but they send out a replacement anyway...which also tested well in their gun....then the very same issue could come up anyway.  I know that I'd want to do what I could to find out what's up, but could only do so if I had the other setup that was having the issues.

Again, I'm not doubting anyone's skill as a shooter, I just don't see how their getting good groups is somehow an insult to that, unless they specifically did/said so.  But without seeing those emails, I obviously can't say for sure either way.  I just hope that if I need to find out more about why I may not be grouping well with my barrel, the acrimony from this thread and the last 8 days or so won't have prevented some valuable information from being discovered.

If/when I do test, I'll also post what my setup is.  As I stated before, so far firing handheld between 15 and 20 yards with a 6MOA dot, I've been able to group comfortably within about 3.5" max from several magazines full, which for my purposes is right on.

2 hours ago, CalTeacher said:

It was me.  I asked you guys if that’s what you thought was going on.  Why did I ask?  Because everyone was so insistent that the barrel was the only explanation for poor accuracy...even in the face of accuracy testing done with a variety of loads by the guys at MBX.

I seriously doubt they found a burr in the barrel, lapped or reamed it out, then conducted the accuracy testing in order to win this possible contest.

I’ve known David and Adrian for a long time and I would never accuse them of being dishonest and risk the reputation of the company to prove three random dudes on Enos incorrect.

I do think it would be interesting to see the three guns in question subject to the same testing procedures that were done at MBX.  That way the assumptions and accusations would stop and we’d actually see some objective results and data that both sides would accept.

Sadly, I think several bridges have been burned from both ends by now.

Edited by MoRivera
39 minutes ago, CalTeacher said:

I agree. I want to understand what the problem is. That is why I am going to test it in a similar manner when they return the barrel to my father. It's a totally head scratcher to me how the results are so different. 

I agree it’s a shame things couldn’t have been taken care of through thoughtful discussion with the goal of resolving the problem. And not taking a stand of our barrel is 100 %,and there’s something wrong with your gun, if they just would have approached it with let’s figure it out together, or what would you like to do .  Then the whole mess is avoided. From the beginning I asked for the midweight barrel or a refund , but they choose to give me no choice. Because my son shoots a midweight . And it shoots nice .