Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mbx lightweight barrel

We shot the gun from bench with Caldwell (sand bags ) the strange thing is removed the  MBX  barrel  installed the JP barrel  and it shoots lights out again. Which beyond any doubt takes the gun out of the equation as a problem. The other guy that has a problem MBX  barrel  experienced the same thing . As you know there’s no adjustments you can make , it fits in you torque the barrel  nut and install the hand guard .  MBX has asked me to send my gun to them so they can fix it, or make it shoot like the pictures they have taken. Since there is nothing wrong with my gun ,and I don’t want to loose the use of my gun for next competition,and don’t really like the idea of sending to someone who is just beginning in the gun business. Adrian agreed to check the barrel  out and send it back in 7 to 10 days .  Sent barrel. Out on 12/13/18 (2 )day mail to them , since they have said nothing wrong with barrel. My reply was if it shoots like the pic you sent I will be happy, or I would take the mid weight  MBX. Barrel. Since I know they shoot nice, no response on the exchange or time line on the lightweight  barrel return . So I asked again for barrel return or refund no response only thing they want is my rifle which has no problems.

I own my own business and know sometimes you are better off to give someone a refund or what they request to satisfy them . Let them move on and you do the same. Chuck at Shooters Connection says no refund , Adrian says nothing wrong Barrel , but will not respond to multiple requests for return of barrel keeps asking for my gun. In contrast one of the guys at our club bought Wilson arms Barrel for his PCC it malfunctioned it had a short chamber, he called JSE surplus they sent him a new one and he sent the old barrel back that’s customer service that wins !!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TNREDNECK said:

We shot the gun from bench with Caldwell (sand bags ) the strange thing is removed the  MBX  barrel  installed the JP barrel  and it shoots lights out again. Which beyond any doubt takes the gun out of the equation as a problem. The other guy that has a problem MBX  barrel  experienced the same thing . As you know there’s no adjustments you can make , it fits in you torque the barrel  nut and install the hand guard .  MBX has asked me to send my gun to them so they can fix it, or make it shoot like the pictures they have taken. Since there is nothing wrong with my gun ,and I don’t want to loose the use of my gun for next competition,and don’t really like the idea of sending to someone who is just beginning in the gun business. Adrian agreed to check the barrel  out and send it back in 7 to 10 days .  Sent barrel. Out on 12/13/18 (2 )day mail to them , since they have said nothing wrong with barrel. My reply was if it shoots like the pic you sent I will be happy, or I would take the mid weight  MBX. Barrel. Since I know they shoot nice, no response on the exchange or time line on the lightweight  barrel return . So I asked again for barrel return or refund no response only thing they want is my rifle which has no problems.

I own my own business and know sometimes you are better off to give someone a refund or what they request to satisfy them . Let them move on and you do the same. Chuck at Shooters Connection says no refund , Adrian says nothing wrong Barrel , but will not respond to multiple requests for return of barrel keeps asking for my gun. In contrast one of the guys at our club bought Wilson arms Barrel for his PCC it malfunctioned it had a short chamber, he called JSE surplus they sent him a new one and he sent the old barrel back that’s customer service that wins !!!

Reminds me when I had a Burris scope that had a very bad parallax problem,

Sent it back. Returned it with no parallax with a note saying they could not find any problem with the scope.

Ya right.

1 hour ago, TNREDNECK said:

I totally agree with everything you said. Customers service is important to me. MBX has lacked in customer service for me in the past and sounds like you are experiencing poor service from them as well.

I did notice that MBX had the time to post on here but not the time to follow up with your request for your barrel back. To me that says a lot!

3 hours ago, TNREDNECK said:

So I asked again for barrel return or refund no response only thing they want is my rifle which has no problems.

Yeah.  I replied to their email a week ago asking where I send my barrel to.  But, does it even matter now?  I feel that it is just going to go back to them and ill go through the same thing you are going through.

What the heck do we do now?

1 hour ago, Stymie12000 said:

I totally agree with everything you said. Customers service is important to me. MBX has lacked in customer service for me in the past and sounds like you are experiencing poor service from them as well.

I did notice that MBX had the time to post on here but not the time to follow up with your request for your barrel back. To me that says a lot!

Yeah... They had the time to jump in here and try to save their reputation.  Then vanish.  I sent an email to them.  Asking for a refund or an exchange.  We will see how it goes.  

It's a shame that they treat there customers this way. They should understand that the shooting community is a tight one. If you treat a few customers this way word will spread and you soon won't have a good reputation. Then no one will buy your products for fear you won't stand behind them. Instead they make excuses and tell you that you are doing something wrong and it must be your gun that is the problem. I feel bad that the barrels were purchased because of my  recommendation.  I hate the hassel that these guys are going through. I thought MBX would step up and take care of my friends and family and it seems that I was wrong. 

For the record, I’d like to chime in and say that I think MBX is a very good company. I have a lot of their products, and everything that I have bought from them has worked well, and I haven’t had a problem with either service  or the product. I have had communication with them about issues that were my fault and they were very prompt, very understanding and accommodating to me. I think that it’s not fair hearing from a few people who have had bad experiences and then automatically assume that’s how they are with everyone, or that every one of their products is bad. I hope things work out for you guys.

5 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

For the record, I’d like to chime in and say that I think MBX is a very good company. I have a lot of their products, and everything that I have bought from them has worked well, and I haven’t had a problem with either service  or the product. I have had communication with them about issues that were my fault and they were very prompt, very understanding and accommodating to me. I think that it’s not fair hearing from a few people who have had bad experiences and then automatically assume that’s how they are with everyone, or that every one of their products is bad. I hope things work out for you guys.

No one is saying that all their products are bad. I own several magazines extentions and a mid weight barrel. I completely understand your point. No one is saying they are bad guys or anything else. Everyone is sharing their experience with the issue.

Very true no one has ever said that all there products are bad, before this I would have argued they are top notch . I own several of there big stick mag extensions never had a problem with any of them.  If they just exchanged our barrels and researched the other ones they would have had happy customers who said there customer  is service is great .But  they choose to say nothing wrong with the barrel and imply we didn’t know how to install them . I mean really you seriously think that 3 seasoned shooters could install there barrels wrong and all come up with the same results . Each barrel   Consistently having 2 or 3 fliers in a 5 shot group.

Seeing the situation from their perspective though, if they actually tested the barrels and found them to be accurate, what are they supposed to say? You’re right, the barrels are junk? Perhaps the best way to resolve it on their part would be to say they didn’t find anything wrong with the barrels and then give you your money back, because you will probably never be happy unless they are as accurate as whatever your personal benchmark is. Here’s the thing though. It will probably never be as accurate as a JP barrel. I think that’s an unrealistic expectation. You’ve made a choice, to take light weight and low price over accuracy. You don’t get something for nothing. At this point, the damage has been done with you, you will never be happy with that barrel , and the only thing that will make it right is for you to get your money back and figure something else out. In the meantime, myself and many others will continue to buy MBX products, and I think it’s probably important for you and your ego to realize that your opinion probably doesn’t matter  to the rest of the world as much as you think should. Thanks for reporting your experiences, though, it’s good to have as much information out there as possible. I’m not replying to any other posts in this thread, no matter how much you guys try to troll me. Again, I hope it works out to your satisfaction.

3 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Seeing the situation from their perspective though, if they actually tested the barrels and found them to be accurate, what are they supposed to say? You’re right, the barrels are junk? Perhaps the best way to resolve it on their part would be to say they didn’t find anything wrong with the barrels and then give you your money back, because you will probably never be happy unless they are as accurate as whatever your personal benchmark is. Here’s the thing though. It will probably never be as accurate as a JP barrel. I think that’s an unrealistic expectation. You’ve made a choice, to take light weight and low price over accuracy. You don’t get something for nothing. At this point, the damage has been done with you, you will never be happy with that barrel , and the only thing that will make it right is for you to get your money back and figure something else out. In the meantime, myself and many others will continue to buy MBX products, and I think it’s probably important for you and your ego to realize that your opinion probably doesn’t matter  to the rest of the world as much as you think should. Thanks for reporting your experiences, though, it’s good to have as much information out there as possible. I’m not replying to any other posts in this thread, no matter how much you guys try to troll me. Again, I hope it works out to your satisfaction.

I don't know what a low price is to you but $300 for barrel is not cheap to me! As far as trolling goes it seems to me that you are the one who is doing that. As far as being happy with the barrel if it shoots like they have show then I'm pretty sure all involved would be more than happy. Just seems odd that they came and posted pic on this thread and had questions asked to them and they never responded to anything just disappeared as quickly as they came. Most people that don't have things to hide are very forthright and upfront. 

I asked for my barrel back Friday the 21st....

If it shoots anything like the pictures I’m good. 

I also told them I’d run the ammo depicted...if needed. 

Even tho I NEVER run off the shelf ammo. 

All I need is a barrel with reasonable accuracy. 

I prefer my own builds. 

Stepping in the box knowing my equipment is essential.  

Its gotten me to 100% GM doing it my way. 

I am pretty sure it’s just about one thing for all involved, we paid $300 dollars for the barrel , the expectation was for a accurate one .

Because we have first hand experience that the  mid weight barrel shot great we felt comfortable trying the lightweight. No one is asking for one ragged hole, if it will shoot like they say all would be happy. Just don’t try make people believe you did nothing, every shooter that shoots makes mistakes so as a community it’s easy to understand if you mess up fess up .

2 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

I’m not replying to any other posts in this thread, no matter how much you guys try to troll me. Again, I hope it works out to your satisfaction.

You have made 2 post on this thread....  where does the notion of you being trolled? 

300$ is not a “cheap” barrel.  Not at all.  

To recap on the 19 they tested my barrel say nothing wrong , I asked if they would exchange for the mid weight no response 

On the 20th I told him would prefer the mid weight but if there not willing to do that ,if it shoots like there pics would be happy with the lightweight barrel   back no response  !

On the 21st asked for barrel back or refund no response !

On the 22nd asked for barrel  back or refund no response !

On the 24 Shooters Connection informed me no refund,  barrel had been installed, shot , and altered . Dura coated black , like the all black look. Oh yea Adrian said the dura coat didn’t affect anything !!

What you guys think I just want my property back or refund seems like a fair request to me .

6 minutes ago, TNREDNECK said:

I bought some new lightweight wheels for my wife’s Lexus one of them is bent and won’t drive steady, I am kinda bummed, they are asking me to send her car back to Japan to see whats wrong with the car . The tire store is telling them the wheel is bad but Lexus says there 100% . I hope they will send it back . Lol

this made me chuckle!

Having been closed for the Christmas holiday, we have returned to customers complaining about our lack of response time.

We at MBX have made an open invitation willing to pay shipping both ways to ship us their rifles, to test them with their barrel that was shot on our test rifle with the results of less than 1inch groups. They have declined this offer and have questioned the validity of our results. 

In this case we will be return shipping their barrels. 

There is an open invitation to come to our test range with their rifles for us to test.

We have bent over backwards trying to help resolve the customer concerns to find only scepticism and complete denial of our results. At this time we feel with the non cooperation and test results using their barrels, as well as all our daily sales of barrels and rifle builds that are tested for accuracy, this matter is closed.