Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
2scoops

PCC dryfire

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

So just goofing off, gun and mag on barrel, A zone at 10 yards. No fancy prop or mag placement, bolt forward.

2.01 seconds.

 

 

Looks like CASA.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

So just goofing off, gun and mag on barrel, A zone at 10 yards. No fancy prop or mag placement, bolt forward.

2.01 seconds.

 

There’s my goal then!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BJB said:

like CASA.

it is. i moved in november.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/19/2019 at 1:38 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

 

There are only like three guys shooting PCCs left in the country who can lock their bolts back.

 

😂

 

Everyone else is short stroked.

 

I recently built a backup PCC rifle and didn't have a spare bolt catch, so I just left it off...  Bolts doesn't lock back anyway... 

 

Looks a little odd, but runs fine...

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

 

I recently built a backup PCC rifle and didn't have a spare bolt catch, so I just left it off...  Bolts doesn't lock back anyway... 

 

Looks a little odd, but runs fine...

 

Plus you saved a quarter ounce— high speed low drag!!!

Share this post


Link to post

I received my Titan Rocket Magwell and installed it this morning.  The Magwell works great and has immediately lowered my unloaded table start time by .20 if not more.  Reloads off the belt are way faster too.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, motherFNbrandon said:

for stages where a string might be freestyle, reload, then weakhand, can the freestyle portion be done on the weak side, so that no shoulder change would be necessary?

That's an option but it's going  to be Challenge pressing the mag button unless you do it with the support hand on the way to the magazine change. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, 45plinkster said:

That's an option but it's going  to be Challenge pressing the mag button unless you do it with the support hand on the way to the magazine change. 

Unless you have an ambi mag release lower. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HoMiE said:

Unless you have an ambi mag release lower. 

 

1 hour ago, HoMiE said:

Unless you have an ambi mag release lower. 

 

1 hour ago, HoMiE said:

Unless you have an ambi mag release lower. 

Yes very true! You still have to negotiate the reload that's probably set up for the weak hand. 

I like the way your thinking. You got me thinking. Lol. I like to game too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, 45plinkster said:

 

 

Yes very true! You still have to negotiate the reload that's probably set up for the weak hand. 

I like the way your thinking. You got me thinking. Lol. I like to game too. 

I have my mags up front but at a major skew becaus I run all 33's found it easier to grab big sticks 

Share this post


Link to post

I am brand new to this division and have learned a heap from this thread already.

 

For hard leans around the weak side of a barricade, what is the preferred/better method:

 

1. Switch shoulders?

2. Additional sight mounted 45 degrees to strong side and keeping the gun mounted strong side?

3. Simply lean out harder with normal sight and strong side mount?

4. Combination of above depending on difficulty of the shot?

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/3/2019 at 3:55 PM, AndreVT said:

I am brand new to this division and have learned a heap from this thread already.

 

For hard leans around the weak side of a barricade, what is the preferred/better method:

 

1. Switch shoulders?

2. Additional sight mounted 45 degrees to strong side and keeping the gun mounted strong side?

3. Simply lean out harder with normal sight and strong side mount?

4. Combination of above depending on difficulty of the shot?

 

Switching shoulder is slower, but generally more accurate (for me) so on longer shots or if I ONLY have leans from that position, I'll mount weak-side. Otherwise a green laser has worked the best for me. 

Share this post


Link to post

from worse to easiest Option depending how tough the target is

shoulder with hand switch - very rarely used

shoulder switch but with hands in same position as normally position shooting I.e. just move the gun to the other shoulder

”fall “ out of the box shooting the targets before foot faulting - most commonly used

tutn the gun sideways to get more angle, but be careful with the sight offset

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

To me that answer is very target dependent and shooter body type.

 

Basically go out and set up that hard lean and shoot it all the different ways and learn for yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/16/2018 at 4:15 AM, rowdyb said:

unloaded starts of all varieties

presentations aka "draws"

mag changes

shoulder changes

set ups to leans, both sides. both shoulders

moving and shooting

target transitions.

 

there you go, two hours of dry fire.

 

Excellent list... This is about what I do.

 

i have one of those cantilevered desk lamps in my gun room that I clip a no shoot to so I can move it around and simulate a barrier.  

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...