Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC dryfire

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/19/2019 at 1:38 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

There are only like three guys shooting PCCs left in the country who can lock their bolts back.

😂

Everyone else is short stroked.

I recently built a backup PCC rifle and didn't have a spare bolt catch, so I just left it off...  Bolts doesn't lock back anyway... 

Looks a little odd, but runs fine...

On 12/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, motherFNbrandon said:

for stages where a string might be freestyle, reload, then weakhand, can the freestyle portion be done on the weak side, so that no shoulder change would be necessary?

That's an option but it's going  to be Challenge pressing the mag button unless you do it with the support hand on the way to the magazine change. 

13 minutes ago, 45plinkster said:

That's an option but it's going  to be Challenge pressing the mag button unless you do it with the support hand on the way to the magazine change. 

Unless you have an ambi mag release lower. 

Just now, 45plinkster said:

Yes very true! You still have to negotiate the reload that's probably set up for the weak hand. 

I like the way your thinking. You got me thinking. Lol. I like to game too. 

I have my mags up front but at a major skew becaus I run all 33's found it easier to grab big sticks 

• 6 months later...

I am brand new to this division and have learned a heap from this thread already.

For hard leans around the weak side of a barricade, what is the preferred/better method:

1. Switch shoulders?

2. Additional sight mounted 45 degrees to strong side and keeping the gun mounted strong side?

3. Simply lean out harder with normal sight and strong side mount?

4. Combination of above depending on difficulty of the shot?

On 8/3/2019 at 3:55 PM, AndreVT said:

I am brand new to this division and have learned a heap from this thread already.

For hard leans around the weak side of a barricade, what is the preferred/better method:

1. Switch shoulders?

2. Additional sight mounted 45 degrees to strong side and keeping the gun mounted strong side?

3. Simply lean out harder with normal sight and strong side mount?

4. Combination of above depending on difficulty of the shot?

Switching shoulder is slower, but generally more accurate (for me) so on longer shots or if I ONLY have leans from that position, I'll mount weak-side. Otherwise a green laser has worked the best for me. 

from worse to easiest Option depending how tough the target is

shoulder with hand switch - very rarely used

shoulder switch but with hands in same position as normally position shooting I.e. just move the gun to the other shoulder

”fall “ out of the box shooting the targets before foot faulting - most commonly used

tutn the gun sideways to get more angle, but be careful with the sight offset

On 12/16/2018 at 4:15 AM, rowdyb said:

unloaded starts of all varieties

presentations aka "draws"

mag changes

shoulder changes

set ups to leans, both sides. both shoulders

moving and shooting

target transitions.

there you go, two hours of dry fire.

Excellent list... This is about what I do.

i have one of those cantilevered desk lamps in my gun room that I clip a no shoot to so I can move it around and simulate a barrier.