Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chevy Engineers

rustychev

All chevy engineers are the devil.

Oil changes on my 07 trailblazer suck.  It takes 7qts of oil for a 4.0L engine because they ran the passenger front half shaft thru the oil pan so the dam thing is huge.  Pulse the oil filter sits open side up so its like a full cup but to get it out you have to tilt it towards the frond of the car so you dump oil all over a frame member.

The new F150s are pretty weird........took me a minute to figure out that the oil filter is on top of the engine and looks nothing like your traditional filter.  To make things even more complicated, there is a pan/tray that you have to remove to drain the oil.  I'm sure the engineers at ford have a good reason for all this but it seems a bit too much to me.  

• 1 month later...

I have heard the theory that the best American engineers end up in the high paying tech and defence industries, whereas Europe and Japan have not had large defence industries since WWII, so their best engineers design autos. Thus, we see better engineered import vehicles. I still buy Ford trucks anyway.