Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elftmann AR9 Trigger

I have the Elftman AR9 tigger installed in QC10 glock lower using a Taccom bolt and there 3 stage recoil system. Having having problems with the trigger resetting. Contacted Elftmann and reinstalled the trigger per their recommendation. Was still having reset issues so, off to Elftmann which they were happy to repair it and quickly sent it back to me. Back to the range and it is better but still having reset issues.

Not sure where to go from here, but this is keeping me from shooting any matches with my PCC. Does anyone have this set up like this that is working?  What can I do to troubleshoot or am I going to have to replace this?

dcalvert

i had the same issues with mine, but with a CK lower.  what finally did the trick was making sure those two set screws are exactly the same length.  it's impossible to get right once the group is installed.  instead, i took out the trigger, mic'd the two screws for depth then installed into the lower then tighten till you cannot go any more.

haven't had an issue since then.

21 hours ago, outerlimits said:

i had the same issues with mine, but with a CK lower.  what finally did the trick was making sure those two set screws are exactly the same length.  it's impossible to get right once the group is installed.  instead, i took out the trigger, mic'd the two screws for depth then installed into the lower then tighten till you cannot go any more.

haven't had an issue since then.

Did this at 6:00am this morning. Just got back from the range. 200 hundred rounds of perfection! I need to push another 800 before I will trust this tigger, but it has never been able to run more than 50 with out resting problems. Do you think that a small difference in the screw length binds the housing that holds the triggerGroup? Time will tell.

Dcalvert      

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 3:47 PM, dcalvert said:

Did this at 6:00am this morning. Just got back from the range. 200 hundred rounds of perfection! I need to push another 800 before I will trust this tigger, but it has never been able to run more than 50 with out resting problems. Do you think that a small difference in the screw length binds the housing that holds the triggerGroup? Time will tell.

Dcalvert      

Got is out to the range finally. Shot another 200 rounds, I have  2 failures to reset this time. I feel that it is about time to give up on the Elftman AR9 trigger as it is just too finicky and even if I get it working I wonder for how long. Thinking I will try the JP original as I am out of solutions for this one.

Thanks to all that replied!

dcalvert