Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 1 6moa. Yes,no maybe? Recommendations please

vgdvc

Hello. So I'm still waiting to receive my Brazos SC open gun ,up to UPS at this point. No one told me that waiting for it would actually lead to more supplement purchases in anticipation of getting it LOL. Currently it has a cmore slide ride on it. I am new to open division but I do see that the trend has been going towards the smaller dot scopes. Doing a little research it seems the Romeo 1 6moa is gathering a pretty strong following and Brazos makes a mount specifically for it. Can anyone out there tell me their experiences with this particular scope? thank you

Haven’t used one on an open gun but have one on a 40 cal duty weapon. It has held up great to daily carry and full power 40 rounds in slide mount. The dot is very bright in comparison to all the others I’ve compared it to. (RTS2, DPP, RMR, both vortex’s)

There is a GM in Midwest using one his open guns. Last I heard he was over 10k on it and happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Thanks for the input. I know the practical thing to do would be wait and at least try to cmore.  I'm gathering up everything else getting ready for this open division endeavor and now the dot choice has me already looking at options.

I did the same thing. Had a new dot on order before my open gun arrived.

Romeo 1 was going to be my next dot after I tested the 2.5DPP bit now I want to test the holosun 510 also. It’s huge like a slideride but at least the window is bigger, not just the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 6moa Romeo 1 is a great sight. I have one that I was planning to put on my open gun. But had a little mount issue. Ended up with a DPP on there.

Everglades and Cheely both make mounts for it. The one I have is the brightest dot I've ever seen. Of coarse it's adjustable. But it goes a couple notches brighter then the DPP.

I used a Romeo 1 extensively on my Carry Optics gun and I have friends that have put tens of thousands of rounds downrange with them without failure. They are great dots. Can't really go wrong with them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is good reports to hear,

6 minutes ago, Explosiveo said:

The 6moa Romeo 1 is a great sight. I have one that I was planning to put on my open gun. But had a little mount issue. Ended up with a DPP on there.

Everglades and Cheely both make mounts for it. The one I have is the brightest dot I've ever seen. Of coarse it's adjustable. But it goes a couple notches brighter then the DPP.

I used a Romeo 1 extensively on my Carry Optics gun and I have friends that have put tens of thousands of rounds downrange with them without failure. They are great dots. Can't really go wrong with them.

These are good reports to hear,thank you.

I have Romeo 1, DPP and FF3.
I think the Romeo 1 and DPP are both very good. You can't go wrong with either. But the brightness of the Romeo 1 is great on a bright sunny day. Only the newer Romeo 1 have the enhanced brightness. Possibly only the 6moa though I hear the 3 moa will be getting it soonf401f11550b91cca3c56824f25513a11.jpg1c37d0798d9cbaf39fba785c058415e3.jpg

2 hours ago, Explosiveo said:

I have Romeo 1, DPP and FF3.
I think the Romeo 1 and DPP are both very good. You can't go wrong with either. But the brightness of the Romeo 1 is great on a bright sunny day. Only the newer Romeo 1 have the enhanced brightness. Possibly only the 6moa though I hear the 3 moa will be getting it soonf401f11550b91cca3c56824f25513a11.jpg1c37d0798d9cbaf39fba785c058415e3.jpg

Hey, thanks for taking the time to do the pics... very helpful! Looks like the DPP has a little bit taller window but also comes with a taller price tag LOL. How would I be able to tell whether I am purchasing a new Romeo 1 or an older version that isn't as bright? Thanks.

My Romeo1 6 moa is the best dot I own.

Used mostly DP and DPP before on slide mounted open gun and CO guns

C More slide ride on my current open gun cause "if It ain't broke don't fix it"!

Had a Romeo 1 3moa didn't like that I lost the dot on the bright days.

The 6 moa is like a completely different sight, I've yet to turn it up all the way.

Max M did a class at a local club and then shot the match at another local club afterward, spoke about a new Romeo 3 coming out soon FWIW

I know max runs the r3 on both his open gun and milled the slide further and has one also on his 320, I own both a r1 on my sons x5 (3moa) and i own two r3 on both of my open guns,  not a single problem with either r3, i did have to send the r1 back to sig due to a crack at the top of the glass according to the sig rep that was a normal failure due to the housing stressing the glass, it was warrantied out with a new dot and has been fine since. I like the bigger window brighter dot on my r3, but my main reason for liking the minis is the small pinpoint dot 3 moa and there is no more holding offset at close range with how low the dot sits on the gun.  I've handled the holosun, big window big site and the same need of offset like a slide ride. Be interesting to see as time goes how they hold up, the early days of the dpp it was thought to be he bullet proof sight but failures have popped up quite often now,  as with all of these minis.  It may happen with my r3's but I'm yet to read or hear of a single failure on those but I don't think they are as mainstream yet as cmore and the dpp time will tell. Try the slide ride and save some coin for brass,  if you don't like it handle what's available locally and go with it.  Either way your in the funnest division of the game in my opinion. 

FWIW

Last I heard (as of September, 2018) Max had promised to send a new version of the R3 to another pro who shoots Romeo dots. He is using the current R3 now but Max told him the new one is the best yet. Haven't heard if it arrived yet. Time will tell...

I just bought an R3. The dot is super bright and won't "blossom" at full intensity. (Like in the pics) Hope it helps with your question.

The R1 6 moa is a great dot from all I've heard. Almost went with that but the R3 turned out cheaper by $100.

Wish somebody would come up with a GREEN dot sight that was worth using! (one of my 2019 wishlist items)

Acsr & Dr. Phil, I greatly appreciate your input. I will have to look into the R3 as I had not considered that as a candidate yet. I wonder if it has the same footprint as the R1 or at least the same alignment of pins for the support holes. If I decide on a R3 I would have to contact whoever's manufacturing the mount for an R1 to make sure there will be clearance up front if the R3 happens to be longer and there is a blast shield involved on the mount.

3 hours ago, vgdvc said:

Acsr & Dr. Phil, I greatly appreciate your input. I will have to look into the R3 as I had not considered that as a candidate yet. I wonder if it has the same footprint as the R1 or at least the same alignment of pins for the support holes. If I decide on a R3 I would have to contact whoever's manufacturing the mount for an R1 to make sure there will be clearance up front if the R3 happens to be longer and there is a blast shield involved on the mount.

Romeo3 has the same footprint as cmore rts2 but it is extended in the front - red hill tactical makes a mount for the romeo3 or you could use a mount made for rts2 with no shield and the front would hang off a little.

6 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

Romeo3 has the same footprint as cmore rts2 but it is extended in the front - red hill tactical makes a mount for the romeo3 or you could use a mount made for rts2 with no shield and the front would hang off a little.

I sent an email to Everglades asking them what they have for both model Optics. There far rearward position mount looks interesting. I may not need a shield on that one but with the four popple holes I will most likely need some kind of shield on whatever mount I would get otherwise.

1 hour ago, coryf said:

I recently switched from a 90 c-more to a Romeo 1 with the 6 moa dot.  I really like it so far.  Super bright in  direct sunlight.  Seems very well made.  

Thanks for the reply. I recently picked up a Romeo 3. I found a good deal on it new and I like the little bit bigger lens. It's a 3 MOA but compared to my cmore slide ride when turned up it looks like the 6 MOA to me. Still trying to decide on a Brazos slipstream mount with no blast Shield versus an Atlas with blast shield to put on my open gun. It has a 5 inch barrel and 4 popple holes so don't know if a blast sheild is necessary. The slipstream holds it farther back so I may be able to get away without one