Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40S&W PCC....are you nuts!!!!

Hello: In a PCC a 40's only disadvantage is the cost of the bullets. You are not talking that much more, maybe 0.01 more if you use light coated bullets. 40 brass can be found everywhere for the same or less than 9mm. Primer and powder drop will be about the same. So a local match of 200 rounds will cost about $2 more shooting a 40 than a 9mm. Besides you will be "THAT" guy shooting a 40 not a 9mm. If it every stops raining here I will test my setup out. Thanks, Eric

1 minute ago, CrashDodson said:

If I was to ever shoot PCC which is not likely to happen, I would want it in .40.  Only because I dont want to change out a press setup to load anything else.  

Yep......I've got a 650 set up for 40sw and I really do not want to change it over.....ever!!! And I think there are LOTS of limited shooters that are of the same idea. So when you think about it.....for USPSA......a PCC in 40 kinda makes sense

3 hours ago, TRUBL said:

I would say that capacity is NOT an issue in USPSA

Tell that to the guy who complained loudly at the last monster match.  On two stages his 54 round mag was not enough and he had to reload.  I can see why.  He didn't want to drop that delicate big stick, so he had to stash it and then reload.  You could have hummed Dixie before he was finished.

BTW, I am 'That' guy.  I shoot 40 for Limited, Steel Challenge Open (minor) and USPSA Open (major).  If I could shoot PCC it would probably be 40 also.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, atomicferret said:

How heavy a buffer are you using for the 40?  I plan on shooting factory 180gr bullets. 

Mine runs like a champ with a 7.5oz Kaw Valley Buffer and .308 spring shooting win white box 165