Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wew Wee

PaulW

That a challenge? Err, just kidding. I'm use to holding longer things so it was a perfect match!! LMAO I usually don't care for the HC thing. But after talking to Dan'O I went for it. We just left it a matte finish, I did not want to have to add rims and neon lights to it.

Paul

It looks great. I will be sending mine back to Dan around December for HC. Kind of like sending the kid to camp you really don't know how much you miss them till there gone. What was the turn around time for your gun?

OLD MILWAUKEE? the only thing that beer is good for is washing my dogs butt when he's got a tird stuck to it.

paul, your gun is shipping back to you today, it's all nice and silver now. when you and the wife come up here next week, i'll take you out to drink some real beer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got to try this gun on Saturday and it is probably the best-shooting Open gun that I've ever fired. I've personally shot about 35 or 40 Open guns if that gives you any indication.

Paul handed me magazine after magazine with different loads to try. With HS6 powder and a 115 JHP, I could not PREVENT this gun from returning to the original point of aim after each shot - I tried. Kinda spooky.

This is a gun that's ideal for long shoot-on-the-move stages. There are matches now where you shoot 150 rounds in a day, make no mag changes [in Open] and hardly ever plant your feet. This gun can win you a match like that.

You might think this gun is too long, too heavy, too whatever. If you picked it up off a vendor's table and played with it you might not be impressed when compared to some new Light & Short model. But then go shoot it. Test an ipsc gun by shooting it while standing on one foot. Take a step, pick up the trailing foot and then blast 2 or 3 shots. Then you'll know how hard you'll have to work, how perfect you'll need to be, to get off fast controlled shots while moving. With Paul's gun, you just keep your eyes open, that's it.

Was funnsy Saturday after the match Eric, myself, another M shooter and a couple other guys started shooting my gun with different loads (more on that later). I'd hand Eric a magazine and he went into this strange contorted stance and would shoot several rounds. He tried the hs6 loads several times and would just shake his head. He tried shooting it on one foot and he would shoot several rounds and shake his head. Guess he liked it from reading what he wrote above.

Do I like this gun.....uhhhhh, yea. I like this gun a ton. I know a lot of people assume that I have some kinda deal with Dan and thats why I talk him up. I have paid for everything on my own. Dan and I became friends because for weeks after my first gun I would call him up and in my Hick voice (ask Dan) would point out things that he does to his guns that I had not noticed before and was surprised that he would take that much time and pay that much detail in a gun. I was not only impressed with his work but also with his ethics, both bussiness wise and work wise. He answers his phone, and takes time for stupid ass questions from us customers, and really takes pride in his work. All this for price that is nowhere else to be found. Are their other great gunsmiths out there, heck ya. Are there better, I suppose their may be. But dollar for dollar, price , service and ethics Dan is far and above all others I have seen.

There's a reason guys like Dan get such long back-logs. I just wish I had listened to Chuck B. years ago. I'm trying to catch up now.

But I don't know what else to AX'em. And how is Dan ever going to catch that walk mount size bass when he has soooo dang much work? Plus he think Mic Ultra is a good beer. I think he still has flash backs from that train he assulted years ago.

"I think he still has flash backs from that train he assulted years ago."

and cautiously I ask, pants up or down when he assaulted the train and is train a word for something else besides a machine that runs on rails transporting goods and people?