Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Rudukai13

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Kirkwoodious said:

My VR80 is still struggling to cycle the 1200, but when I run 1300 the magpul carbine stock is collapsing under the recoil (very odd feeling have the receiver come into your shoulder under recoil).

 

Is the stock issue just a bad stock/buffer tube that has poor lock up, or is this a semi-auto shotgun phenomenon in general?  It’s doing it consistently every few rounds, not a 1 time thing.

It’s got to be the stock. If you squeeze the lever to move the stock back and forth can you pull the stock off the buffer tube?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kirkwoodious said:

My VR80 is still struggling to cycle the 1200, but when I run 1300 the magpul carbine stock is collapsing under the recoil (very odd feeling have the receiver come into your shoulder under recoil).

 

Is the stock issue just a bad stock/buffer tube that has poor lock up, or is this a semi-auto shotgun phenomenon in general?  It’s doing it consistently every few rounds, not a 1 time thing.

Here is my setup and it runs low brass

Estate 1185 and federal 1200 from Walmart 100%.

Im using the factory buffer tube and spring with 6 coils cutt off with the taccom buffer system. I turn the buffer tube into the lower to where i still have decent travel so it cycles the bolt far enough. In other words dont screw the tube into the lower to far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Underwood said:

Here is my setup and it runs low brass

Estate 1185 and federal 1200 from Walmart 100%.

Im using the factory buffer tube and spring with 6 coils cutt off with the taccom buffer system. I turn the buffer tube into the lower to where i still have decent travel so it cycles the bolt far enough. In other words dont screw the tube into the lower to far.

Right now I'm using a Rem M1100, thinking of upgrading how is the cycling speed of the VR80 vs the Benelli or the 1100, since I've been told the Benelli is the fastest cycling shotgun?  I know it's an Open only gun.  Anyone compared it to the Panzer?

Edited by pskys2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, toothandnail said:

Anybody needing a drum ? The only ones that are 100% drop free.

Image may contain: 1 person

Are they "in stock"? Website says pre-order only. Will they fit a VR80 with a Advanced Tactical mag well?

Edited by IHMSA15151

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How effective is the comp when shooting 1145fps ammo. I can't tell much difference. I am going to drill 3 holes in the top of the comp to see what that does but I am thinking I will just leave it off. The pattern is much better without it also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for mag pouches for 10 rounder mags. What and where to buy? Ive gone  20+ pages and have not found what Im looking for. Or maybe I missed it. Tia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoyGlock said:

Looking for mag pouches for 10 rounder mags. What and where to buy? Ive gone  20+ pages and have not found what Im looking for. Or maybe I missed it. Tia

Cuz most of us use clips to hang them off the belt. Check dissonant arms for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Dissident

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

Sorry they dont teach spelling in grad school. That's what I use autocorrect for lolz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

Looking for mag pouches for 10 rounder mags. What and where to buy? Ive gone  20+ pages and have not found what Im looking for. Or maybe I missed it. Tia

For the 10 round mags im using a 308 magazine pouch.

for the 19 i also use the clip from dissident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

Looking for mag pouches for 10 rounder mags. What and where to buy? Ive gone  20+ pages and have not found what Im looking for. Or maybe I missed it. Tia

 

Weber Tactical has some.  I just got mine last week.  They are typical amazing quality like all Weber products.  

 

They are hard to find on the web site, you need to select "Rifle mag pouch", then the drop down option menu has "F12 Shotgun".  

 

These work great for the 5 and 9 round mags.  I used them on Saturday at a steel match.

 

Weber Tactical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For 9 round mags I use magnets.

12 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

Looking for mag pouches for 10 rounder mags. What and where to buy? Ive gone  20+ pages and have not found what Im looking for. Or maybe I missed it. Tia

 

Edited by Firebull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Got my Derya mk12/RIAVR80 test ran yesterday. Stock 100% out of the box. 10rnd mags. Birdshot. Slugs, buck. About 100 rnds total.  Few minor misfeeds. Otherwise, Was very impressed. Quick to handle, felt very solidly made, soft to shoot, etc. I think i wont need comps or whatever to do on this gun. If reliability improves to 100% after break in this should be my main competition gun in place of My 1301C

Edited by BoyGlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 3:52 AM, BoyGlock said:

Looking for mag pouches for 10 rounder mags. What and where to buy? Ive gone  20+ pages and have not found what Im looking for. Or maybe I missed it. Tia

Amarok Tactical.  Caleb has two sizes available.  I have both and they fit like a glove.  I plan to run 10rd mags in them.  Haven't got a belt clip to carry an extra 19rd mag.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 8:33 PM, BoyGlock said:

Got my Derya mk12/RIAVR80 test ran yesterday. Stock 100% out of the box. 10rnd mags. Birdshot. Slugs, buck. About 100 rnds total.  Few minor misfeeds. Otherwise, Was very impressed. Quick to handle, felt very solidly made, soft to shoot, etc. I think i wont need comps or whatever to do on this gun. If reliability improves to 100% after break in this should be my main competition gun in place of My 1301C

You'd be surprised what a comp does for this gun.  I thought mine was pretty good with no comp and just the shroud.  Then I added a comp and the pattern got better and the recoil reduction was noticeable.  

 

Good that yours was good out of the box.  I couldn't get a whole 9rd mag through mine without an issue until I got to about 75rds.  After that it has been loosening up and the last couple boxes have gone so fast that I should have brought more to the range so I didn't have to put the gun away before I was done having fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Amarok Tactical.  Caleb has two sizes available.  I have both and they fit like a glove.  I plan to run 10rd mags in them.  Haven't got a belt clip to carry an extra 19rd mag.  

What about the pouch for the spare 28 rd mag? 

 

Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

What about the pouch for the spare 28 rd mag? 

 

Haha

I'll talk to Caleb tomorrow about a "Crocodile Dundee" type kydex option.  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dwzuspsa said:

Anyone know who has the 19 round mags in stokc?

 

Last time I looked Advanced Tactical had them in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dwzuspsa said:

Anyone know who has the 19 round mags in stokc?

 

 

Alpine (in Fort Worth) had several on their shelves yesterday.

 

Alpine Shooting Range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info....just purchased the 19 rounder from Advanced Tactical....thanks again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone on this thread for contributing information on this gun. Local gun shop had one out of the blue when I was killing time and it followed me home! Still need to get a buffer set up, stock/grip and a dot. Excited to give 3gun a go now that I don’t have to sacrifice my fingers trying to learn to quad load my versamax!!! what’s the general consensus on a dot that will hold up? I know the 510c is awesome but saw one fail at a1 last weekend due to the lens popping out(frame mounted open gun)...any input would be welcomed again thanks to all involved in this thread!9facb92157bcb25276f8a7dd91fc20ee.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...