Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hundo gauge question?

ExStreetWalker

No it doesn’t, at least mine don’t.

I load .356 ACME, and SNS and the only occasional failures are cases, like CBC, that thicken up sooner and bulged on deeper set 147s. 

I loaded .357 Eggleston 147s RN and CBC cases were a complete failure while most others worked justed fine. I hate sorting head stamps so I switched to PD 147 FMJ RN. 

So I guess the answer is Eggleston .357 RN set deep in CBC case will fail in Hundo. That also means they aren’t compliant with standard 9mm loads either. But if it fits you chamber, who cares. 

.356 can gauge perfect. .357 is a tiny bit iffy, domestic brass usually passes. .358 is pretty hopeless with anything other than Blazer brass IME.

I still find it useful, I just have to use different expectations with knowledge of what will chamber. With .357 I accept some high rim, with .358 as long as the extractor groove isn't exposed.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:40 PM, Beef15 said:

.356 can gauge perfect. .357 is a tiny bit iffy, domestic brass usually passes. .358 is pretty hopeless with anything other than Blazer brass IME.

I still find it useful, I just have to use different expectations with knowledge of what will chamber. With .357 I accept some high rim, with .358 as long as the extractor groove isn't exposed.

That's where I'm at with my EGW.  If the rim is exposed they are good to go in my pistol.  My Ruger PCC is an omnivore.  It apparently eats anything.  I stupidly loaded 400 rounds of ammo that were just a bit to soft for my Canik, even with the blue RSA, the Ruger PCC gobbled them up like they were candy.