Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Urban Grey Finish

MisterPlink

Everyone I know with the gray ones have a ton of visible holster wear. Also talking with a shop owner he says they just don't sell as well as the black ones so they have to lower the price to move them. Personally I think they look khaki and are ugly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This thread will give you a good idea of the Urban Grey's finish durability from very heavy use. 

I've run five matches with mine and have about 2-2.5k rounds through mine and it is just starting to show a tiny bit of holster wear on the edges of the rail, and those parts have taken off a little bit of kydex from the inside of the holster as well. No signs on the trigger guard or the dust cover, but obviously only around 10% of the live fire use as the one above.

FWIW I have a RHT holster with the retention adjustment knobs, so it's very easy for me to loosen the holster during dry fire or when I go to L&MR, which definitely helps to cut down on some wear. Not sure if the other guy is running a holster that is tighter/more prone to wear or if that's just what I should expect. 

1 hour ago, MisterPlink said:

Okay that’s enough to convince me to spend the money and get the black one instead.

If you’re looking for a black, BNIB S2 (gen 2 frame that has the slide stop relief cuts) for less than retail, look me up on Gunnutz. Same user name.

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by Hooked

I don't know if the urban grey guns wear faster or if it is just more noticeable because of the black nitride underneath. When the black wears, there is just more black underneath. I have both a black and an urban grey shadow 2 and I don't notice the poly coat on one wearing more than the other.