Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which trigger is best?

Dane460

I have been super impressed with the X-Line Vario in the Atlas Chaos.

Trigger sizing is kind of an art, and depends on how much trigger finger you want to apply. My personal preference (even though I have long fingers) is for a short, flat trigger so that I have the option to give a lot of trigger finger (e.g. second knuckle). If I had gone with a curved trigger, medium might have been better.

The X-line Vario has a nice over-travel stop as well. I like to adjust over-travel to near zero.

Edited by shootmove
add detail

question please on the X line triggers.

I have a DVC and was changing over the trigger to the x-line and thought I would do that without changing any other part.

Fitted the trigger into the plastic grip and installed.

To my dismay the bow is either angled incorrectly or too short as when I depress the trigger, even with the overtravel stop adjusted loosely so that it does not get in the way, the gun would not fire. It is not able to reach long enough to activate the sear I think.

I give it 3 times strong pull on the trigger and the it finally drops the hammer to the half cock notch only...and I tell myself what the ....... is going on.

Repeated the whole thing and same thing always happens. Put back the old trigger and it works like a charm with no hitches.

So, these x-line triggers appear to be - non drop in - in a way that the bow does not appear to be correctly angled....

Sorry but am I missing anything here ? 

14 hours ago, jimbullet said:

I have a DVC and was changing over the trigger to the x-line and thought I would do that without changing any other part.

To my dismay the bow is either angled incorrectly or too short as when I depress the trigger, even with the overtravel stop adjusted loosely so that it does not get in the way, the gun would not fire. It is not able to reach long enough to activate the sear I think.

I give it 3 times strong pull on the trigger and the it finally drops the hammer to the half cock notch only...and I tell myself what the ....... is going on.

Repeated the whole thing and same thing always happens. Put back the old trigger and it works like a charm with no hitches.

So, these x-line triggers appear to be - non drop in - in a way that the bow does not appear to be correctly angled....

Are you sure that the rear of the  bow isn’t contacting the gip safety tab?

16 hours ago, jimbullet said:

Screw the trigger out on the threaded stud, this will allow the bow to contact the sear.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, SWprotected said:

Screw the trigger out on the threaded stud, this will allow the bow to contact the sear.

oh, how I had a brain fart.... When I saw your reply - it was Aha! your right.... I will do that - I did have it screwed all the way in and the trigger shoe is hitting the mag release button even before the bow could get to the sear.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, jimbullet said:

oh, how I had a brain fart.... When I saw your reply - it was Aha! your right.... I will do that - I did have it screwed all the way in and the trigger shoe is hitting the mag release button even before the bow could get to the sear.

Thanks.

Did the same thing myself!

12 hours ago, jimbullet said:

Thanks.

I had the same problem, until I fixed it. 😉 See bottom trigger. 

8F929C73-F8D3-4A77-954A-91438B8B59AE.jpeg