Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Optic Ready from factory

race1911

....my local dealer had me first on the list when the new CZ Shadow 2 Optic Ready came in from the factory ....too close to Christmas and spent the money I had waiting for it since March just last month on a new German Shepherd pup, so had to turn it down.........so they ARE in Canada (my dealer in Vancouver just had 5 of them come in the door).... $1499 Cdn......now it looks like next spring or summer  before I will be able to get my hands on one......probably they will be in the US by then

Edited by race1911

Wondering if it will make weight for CO. I know this has been kicked around and I think we ultimately came to the conclusion of no... but I kind of want to see one sitting on a scale to verify.. If it doesnt make weight for CO I wonder how many people will buy them and not know that it doesnt make weight... 

11 hours ago, race1911 said:

....my local dealer had me first on the list when the new CZ Shadow 2 Optic Ready came in from the factory ....too close to Christmas and spent the money I had waiting for it since March just last month on a new German Shepherd pup, so had to turn it down.........so they ARE in Canada (my dealer in Vancouver just had 5 of them come in the door).... $1499 Cdn......now it looks like next spring or summer  before I will be able to get my hands on one......probably they will be in the US by then

Is that $1499 taxes in?  CRAFM has them in stock for $1299 CA plus tax.  Al Flaherty sold out of their first order at $1299 as well. Tenda is still accepting pre-orders at $1299. 

BTW, Wolverine has mounting plates for the DPP and the Vortex Venom in stock - $82 CA. 

16 hours ago, shakin_bakin said:

Wondering if it will make weight for CO. I know this has been kicked around and I think we ultimately came to the conclusion of no... but I kind of want to see one sitting on a scale to verify.. If it doesnt make weight for CO I wonder how many people will buy them and not know that it doesnt make weight... 

USPSA needs to change the limit. 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:28 PM, dapribek said:

According to CZ’s website, the slide was supposed to be milled to make weight, but we’ll have to wait and see,

I was unable to find this. Not saying your wrong. I'm just saying I cant find it. Maybe I just looked in the wrong place. 
I also wonder if its milled to make weight, but not milled to make weight and an optic.  I know that sounds stupid... but sometimes stupid things happen hehe.

Wait for what they announce at Shot Show coming up and then add 3-6 months.

The CZ UB catalog has it at 1.33kg. That is 46.9 ounces. And you can be sure that weight is without an optic and without using a 140mm mag.

https://www.czub.cz/cz/produkty/pistole/competition/cz-shadow-2-or.html

A keen eye will notice this is the exact same weight listed for a regular Shadow 2. And those of us who've rolled our own already can tell you exactly how much weight had to be removed to make the uspsa 45oz.

This gun is not going to hit the US and magically be light enough for uspsa rules for Carry Optics.

I very seriously doubt CZ UB is going to produce 2 models of Shadow 2 OR. One being heavily modified to comply with USPSA rules. There may be some stock OR pistols that come here, but you'd likely still have to have weight milled off.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 12/13/2018 at 11:50 PM, Hooked said:

BTW, Wolverine has mounting plates for the DPP and the Vortex Venom in stock - $82 CA. 

you do ihat preliminarily the DPP was the chosen optic with the Vortex Venom maybe a distant third that the CMore RTS2 is DEFINITELY the way to go , no problems, all the right attributes and no misgivings........the correct sizing plate is the one they make for the Venom Viper I believe