Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PX4 Grip Chop?

Eargesplitten

I might be picking up a full sized PX4 depending on how good of a deal I can get from the shop, but I have one concern. I’m in CO, with a 15 round limit on magazines. That means that the compact is perfect, but for the full size I would have to choose between 10 round magazines or trying to get 17 rounders pinned to 15.

I see that the backstraps on the PX4 are attached with a U-shaped pin on the bottom, but I was wondering if it’s possible to chop half an inch off the bottom of the grip, chop half an inch off that pin, and have it the same height as a PX4 compact. It looks like the backstrap doesn’t even start until about half an inch up the grip anyway.

Alternately I have heard the magazine catch is only a few thousandths of an inch higher on the PX4 than 92, so some people have dremeled the 92 magazines to fit. I wouldn’t trust my life to that, but if that fits the full size it might be good enough for range use.

As another alternative, does anyone know how Beretta limits their 10 round magazines? Do they pinch the magazine along the side like some companies do or is it an internal block/pin? If it’s that I might be able to get 10s and modify the block to fit 15.

Edited by Eargesplitten

7 hours ago, Eargesplitten said:

I might be picking up a full sized PX4 depending on how good of a deal I can get from the shop, but I have one concern. I’m in CO, with a 15 round limit on magazines. That means that the compact is perfect, but for the full size I would have to choose between 10 round magazines or trying to get 17 rounders pinned to 15.

As another alternative, does anyone know how Beretta limits their 10 round magazines? Do they pinch the magazine along the side like some companies do or is it an internal block/pin? If it’s that I might be able to get 10s and modify the block to fit 15.

I just went through the same thing on a different pistol here in CO. You might try Greg Cotes LLC for Beretta mags. They had 15 rnd mags for my M&P which came with 10's 🙄.

1 hour ago, Eargesplitten said:

Thanks. It looks like he doesn't have any 15 round full-sized magazines for the PX4, but that's a good option for other models.

Turns out the gun sold just a few days before I went back for it, so it's probably a moot point and I'm kicking myself hard right now.

Wasn't meant to be then...there will be another no doubt and probably even a better deal!