Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for testers for PractiScore for Nooks

euxx

I'm looking for several testers to test PractiScore on Nook devices. I need several people to try out one of the last builds of PractiScore that will work on Nook devices.

If you planning to continue using your Nooks please email support@practiscore.com - I will send you a link to the test build and will need you to run it trough your regular match routine, even on a toy match. I'll need immediate feedback on any issues and have to complete testing before next week.

Bummer, bad timing. I took your end of the year announcement as final. I had used nook manager to root it and kept the B&N apps so I could use the tablet as a Nook since the screen is so good. B&N rolled out an OS update for TLS 1.2 compliance that you had to do if you wanted to communicate with the mother ship. Now nook manager crashes with that build. If anybody has any ideas, I am open but I don't think NST is on anybody's rooting radar anymore...

It is final. Yet, when that announcement was made we didn't know that Google will also pull a plug on the app store updates for apps not supporting their new Android versions.

So, I've had no idea what would it take to support both old and new Android versions... I've been working on that for over a month now, having everything else on hold. Perhaps it didn't worth it to spend time on supporting Nooks with less than two months left, but I managed to pull a miracle and got it working on Nooks and new Androids. At least on a quick glance. Hence the need for testers and decent chance to have this last release working on Nooks.

I suppose, after this release is out, I might keep support for Nooks until next update of Android (since work is done), as long as it won't hold us up with supporting other new stuff. Unfortunately no promises there, there already few overdue improvements that can't be done while Nooks are supported (that stuff just not working on old Android).

Edited by euxx

We always make link to apk available, though it never been recommended to bypass app stores (not all users know how to do that or update app after).

But here I don't want to post apk without testing, especially that we don't want continue maintaining it after this release