Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody use VV N105 for 9 minor?

sandrooney

s, why do you care what power factor you end up with.  The idea is to get a soft,accurate, flat shooting load for steel.  The dot should not leave the window, if possible.  I wouldn't use 130s, I'd use 115s or lighter.  Unless your Open gun is loose as a goose, I doubt it will run at 135P.  None of mine will.

Obviously I don't know what your gun will run, but the majority of Open shooters that I shoot with in SCSA run somewhere in the 150sPF.  Their guns don't even move under recoil.  There are a couple who shoot their USPSA major loads for steel.  I double plug when ROing them.

Sounds like your now running in production or limited..I run a PCC 9mm and tried the 105 with 115g and 121 but didnt like it..I think it was a compressed load at 5.9g or 5.6..did not try it in a handgun..experiment with the dot and diff loads, a light bullet will take a fair amount of powder..heavier may be better to start the experiment

19 hours ago, sandrooney said:

I have a lot of it, but can't ship it 

Advertise it, locally, at your clubs, and post it here with a headline like this :

WTS   VV N105 powder    Colorado, only.

Since the "season" has ended in much of the US, it might take a few months

for it to sell, but someone will buy it in the Spring    :)