Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suppressors

andrewst359

On 12/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, andrewst359 said:

How about AMTAC? They make an over-the-barrel type. 

Reflex type cans add a lot of weight and don't cut down the noise very much.

I like Thunderbeast and Shark.  Thunderbeast heavily supports the shooting sports and is owned and operated by actual shooters.

I have a rugged for pistol calibers and they are top notch.  First day I took it out, I had a bullet tumble at the end, and take a chunk out of the end cap.  Very first shot I watched it on video!!!!  Called Rugged the next day, and they had a new cap sent out that afternoon!!!

I have a Saker in .308 for mt PRS gun, and the .223's.  I ditched the ASR mount, and went with the AREA 419 adapter.  Great decision!!!!

Other than that, I want to get a Thunderbeast.  They really support our sport (any many others).  They make great kit as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How's the recoil and sound reduction? I'd like the maximum amount of reduction available. And yes I know brakes work best but they are too LOUD. I have a Ratworx big Chubby on my 308. Works well but it's loud and the concussion. 

Just now, andrewst359 said:

How's the recoil and sound reduction? I'd like the maximum amount of reduction available. And yes I know brakes work best but they are too LOUD. I have a Ratworx big Chubby on my 308. Works well but it's loud and the concussion. 

The best way to explain is that I shoot large bore cartidges ie. 300WM, 28 Nosler, 7STW, etc with no ear protection and no recoil to speak of. The Ultra 9 is all I use on the 300WM but the 7 I use for all the 7's and 6.5's. My son uses a 7 on his 30-06 so I'm sure either of the 2 would make a 308 like a powder puff. Also, I use the CB breaks so I can transfer the cans between guns, The breaks themselves are adequate muzzle breaks without the suppressor making even the 300WM have very little recoil.

Give Thunderbeast a call or an email. They will get right back with you and taylor to your needs. Also their FAQ page is vey informative. My biggest concern was first shot POI shift since using them for hunting and on all my rifles I found none of that. They are a little more expensive but if you shop around for different vendors you can find a little better deal.