Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I miss my old open gun...or do I...?

chowellacsbd

Accuracy Matters?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How accurate do "you" need to be with iron sights?

• Anywhere on the target...I do it for fun ;)
    • A's & B's
    • Alphas only
    • Im happy with C's
    • I'm lucky to hit the berm :0

Let me preface this with, I’m shooting minor loads, not shooting Uspsa, only local steel matches and for fun.

So after shooting iron sights for a while, I really do miss my red dot, problem is I’m not sure what to do in my current situation. I have a shadow 2 and a TSO currently. I was blessed with shooting an atlas titan a while back and it’s awesome.

So...Do I slap a czcustom frame mount and my dpp on the tso and leave it at that, or sell off both, and have atlas make this little fella...?

9cc2e9a3905cc4bc7bd529f4cb49c1f7.jpg

Edited by chowellacsbd

Let me preface this with, I’m shooting minor loads, not shooting Uspsa, only local steel matches and for fun.

So after shooting iron sights for a while, I really do miss my red dot, problem is I’m not sure what to do in my current situation. I have a shadow 2 and a TSO currently. I was blessed with shooting an atlas titan a while back and it’s awesome.

So...Do I slap a czcustom frame mount and my dpp on the tso and leave it at that, or sell off both, and have atlas make this little fella...?

9cc2e9a3905cc4bc7bd529f4cb49c1f7.jpg

this is beautiful but just get the TSO ready. it's a Czechmate frame

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OR, am I giving in to not putting in the time to really be better with irons? At our local matches, there's one stage where we have to shoot a much smaller alpha "slot" through about a 1.5/2 inch high by 4-5 inch wide opening with a piece of steel behind it, similar to the pic below. I always struggle with that target using irons and I think it's instances like that, that really deter me from sticking with a limited rig. Possibly looking for an easy way out of going to open, but in the end, is that really going to make me a better shooter?? Or am I just being to hard on myself? More practice?

I also have a tendency to jump around to different guns and I think having one, and only shooting that, may, in fact, be the best way to go. I do miss that Atlas Titan though...

Any opinions are good opinions. 

TAC-III-F-class-open.jpg

If money is not a huge issue, I'd say get what you want. I've shot TSO and and chezchmate. For my preferences, they don't come close to being as awesome as a Titan or a similar set up!

A dot doesn't make the gun more accurate. It makes it easier to shoot accurately. Iron sights might take more discipline to shoot and that gets confused with being less accurate and slower.  

That tight shot that you say you struggle with, isn't any harder of a shot for you than it is for anyone else. If others are more disciplined and have practiced more, it may seem easier for them but it's the same shot for everyone. 

I'm guessing that shooting a dot is going to move you to a division where everyone else you're competing against also has a dot. So, there is no advantage due to equipment since everyone else has the same stuff.  It comes back down to skill. Just like it did with irons.

But... Shoot what you want.  I even know where you could get an awesome deal on a used Titan!😜

Edited by B_RAD

Since you are shooting only local, and only for fun, who cares what division you're in.  Put a CZC dovetail multimount on your TSO, screw on the DPP and go have fun.  That's exactly what I did with my TS 40, and I use it to shoot SCSA Open.  You already know the gun and have all the gear for it.  So for under $400 you are ready to go.