Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mini mr Bulletfeeder

Anyone ever use the DAA mini mr Bulletfeeder?

I just ordered one and I figure I can be filling tubes also while I'm loading if I wanted to be faster. Just wondered if it saves a lot of time.

Edited by Sneexies
Autocorrect

Yes they are both faster and more consistent/accurate than hand seating the bullets. But it will cost you money when the desire to upgrade to the full meal deal Mr. Bullet feeder happens.

Double Alpha will give you credit for the powder funnel and die when you decide to order the full unit. Just call the on them and let them know that you already have those items when you upgrade.

The MBF is a really good die that feeds both coated, plated and FMJ bullets.

It's a nice break of handle pulling stopping to refill the tubes.

11 hours ago, wgj3 said:

Don't think you can be in the process of loading ammo and simultaneously load the bullet tubes...???

I think it's doable? Just dropping em in the top while loading. Unless the top piece cap prohibits that.

8 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Yes they are both faster and more consistent/accurate than hand seating the bullets. But it will cost you money when the desire to upgrade to the full meal deal Mr. Bullet feeder happens.

Double Alpha will give you credit for the powder funnel and die when you decide to order the full unit. Just call the on them and let them know that you already have those items when you upgrade.

The MBF is a really good die that feeds both coated, plated and FMJ bullets.

It's a nice break of handle pulling stopping to refill the tubes.

I was really on the fence about that, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I suppose it would give me a nice break after about 100 rounds. Although I did think it might be doable to diy my own tube that holds a lot more into the housing.

I'm not one of the "Blue Crew" (my press is red and inexpensive) and I tried out one of these for loading 40 (I'm about to get another for loading 9mm). It's great, very consistent placement/drop, and on my "sounds like 'Roadblaster' press", I can load 100rnds in about 5mins if I want to (I usually go at a little slower pace). Then I have to fill my collator and swap out "cylinders" for the bullet feeder. Every 3rd rotation, I fill the powder hopper.

I do separate out some of my loading functions. On an old Pro1000, I deprime, prime, and size (I have very few primer issues on the Pro1000). When I'm ready to load, I swap to the Loadmaster, which does powder drop, powder check, bullet feed, seat, then crimp.

Used my mini for a number of years, have 5 sets of tubes, on a 650.  Worked well for the longest time - several years, then a few tubes didn't work as well as they used to.  I attribute it to temp changes in my garage as I stored them there with the press and hot summers and cold winters apparently took a toll on how well some of them rotated or dropped rounds.  All in all became one more thing I had to pay attention to as I had to count rounds to be sure to turn the tube to the next set of rounds.  Look up, look down, look left, look right.

So I stopped using it, kept the funnel in place in the powder die and just load by hand.  Almost as fast, really haven't lost any time to it.  Money I could have put back and put towards the adult version....

Edited by vluc

As far as I am concerned it not only doesn't save time it actually takes longer. You have to fill the tubes. That is time you have to spend in addition to the time spent doing your reloading run.

I found that the die itself does an excellent job of placing the bullet and filling the die while reloading keeps your left hand away from the press and allows you to do that more or less on autopilot as you don't have to be careful of your hand position while operating the machinery.

I would suggest either: 1. just buy the die and feed it by hand as you load or 2. invest in the big brother real deal

So I ended up getting one. So far I really love it. It kinda makes it redundant since I continually feed a tube with bullets during loading anyway, but I feel like it makes my whole process smoother.

The die works really well and I could probably have done well with just the die itself and just feed the die instead of putting it directly into the casing. Yes it does take time to load the magazines one by one when you could just place the bullet into the case, but so far I like it.

One day I'll get the big boi version. Like they say, buy a few times and cry multiple times.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Sneexies said:

So I ended up getting one. So far I really love it. It kinda makes it redundant since I continually feed a tube with bullets during loading anyway, but I feel like it makes my whole process smoother.

The die works really well and I could probably have done well with just the die itself and just feed the die instead of putting it directly into the casing. Yes it does take time to load the magazines one by one when you could just place the bullet into the case, but so far I like it.

One day I'll get the big boi version. Like they say, buy a few times and cry multiple times.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Maybe give us a long term report in a few months?