Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
lawboy

RFPI

Right now is a Ruger 22/45 Lite with a TK comp, Majestic magazine release, hammer and quick bolt release, and Volquartsen sear and trigger. Dawson front sight. Am considering a scorpion for spring. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buck Mark Lite straight out of the box except for changing out the extractor.  Installed a TANDEMKROSS "Eagle's Talon" extractor, and it eliminated the random stovepipes I experienced, which was the only issue I had with the gun.

Photo Credit: Oleg Volk

fullsizeoutput_7eb.jpeg

Ruger Mark II with the long bull barrel.  Threw in a Volquartsen hammer and sear combination, changed out the front sight for a fiber optic, and added the extended mag release mostly so that when I lend it out to people they have an easier time reloading it. 

Originally, I thought that the long bull barrel would make it slower for me, so I also tried a Ruger Mark III 22/45 with the short bull barrel (and the same hammer/sear/FO front sight mods as above).  The Mark II was still demonstrably faster.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:45 PM, AR_James said:

Buck Mark Lite straight out of the box except for changing out the extractor.  Installed a TANDEMKROSS "Eagle's Talon" extractor, and it eliminated the random stovepipes I experienced, which was the only issue I had with the gun.

Standard buckmark here. I shot it for a couple years before the extractor started wearing out. I also went with the tandemkross extractor, which is awesome.

I'm pretty sure equipment doesn't matter much as long as it runs.

I don't shoot irons much anymore as my eyes aren't what they use to be, but when I do, I go "Old School" with my Volquartsen Lightweight Mark III.

Vol.JPG