Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jid2

NEW 2 Port version of CFD compensator

Also wondering about how these are with 9major? Building an open gun now and like the shorter OAL gun.
Also is there much difference between a 5.4 barrel and 5.0 barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to buy a comp from you soon... Not sure what to use with a full length 9 major setup! Which do you personally use?

Also, when do you expect to have the next batch of the 3 port?

Trying to decide between this and the original 3 port version for a mid length island barrel build. 

Hmm, seems like jid2 doesn't respond to questions  ….   

Five of us have asked questions over the past few months, and No Response   :( 

I have 3 9 major guns I’m finishing up now. None are really apples to apples but I have a 3 port on a 5.4” barrel, plastic grip, brass magwell.
2 port on a 5.4” barrel, stainless grip and a 2 port on a 5.0 barrel Ti grip.
I will be cutting slides for comp clearance tomorrow and I should be able to work up some loads this weekend and test them.
Going to be using 124 grain bullets and HS6. No poppel holes right now. 017b9b5256d6fc33104310bb2ebf19d3.jpg

First impressions, they don’t match the radius of the slide and I’ve read somewhere you can’t tri top the comp or they can crack. I will have to see what I can come up with to make them blend.

I am very happy with the 2 port for major with brl holes. 

20190211_171544.jpg

I have no complaints on how the gun feels and tracks with the 2 port. Loading 7.6 grains of HS6 and a 124 grain Everglades. 5.0 barrel makes 170pf. I am going to try an Atlas comp on this pistol, mostly for aesthetics.
8258ad75253e44fdb8998d1159323727.jpg
7933a43fc4e1289ea314bac1ea84eac1.jpg

Cool... so why post a competitors comp on a post about Jareds comp....

I said his 2 port comp works great, going to try an atlas for aesthetics. The first picture is the CFD comp.

Like it very much, 9 Major 5.4 Infinity hybrid barrel 2 popple holes. 9.9 gr of Major Pistol, 124 JHP for 172 PF. Did not flat-topped the compensator, don’t care about looks, just how it shoots.

3501a4b6f852acb9a031756f3a1bc43b.jpgfb5185f93c162a9981b63bab8d8e3db2.jpg

The one on the left useless like the builder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry for the lack of question answering - I'm super busy and don't get notifications from this sub-forum.  If you really want to get ahold of me send a PM.

There are no "right" answers on which comp you should buy, just like the full size vs shorty vs mid-length gun discussion.  But, if you are looking to build a shorter gun and want a 2 port comp - this might be what you are looking for.  The data I have provided helps you to see what's going on.  Generally speaking, if you add holes to the barrel that is using the highest pressure gas to make the gun flatter, at the cost of more recoil in the hand.  My 3 port design uses a very large final port to collect as much gas as possible to use.  But it is much less effective than the first two ports.  So if you want the absolute best efficiency and are OK with more length - go 3 port.  If you are looking for a mid-length or shorty, and are going to put holes in the barrel anyway - I would run the 2 port as it goes with the overall concept of a shorter gun.

Hope that helps.

I am not doing anything custom these days - I just don't have time, sorry.