Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2-Are Reach Reduction kits legal for USPSA Production?

minnesota1

Will there be any problem in using these?  Which is the best one to get?  I've read about Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom shop.  Maybe there are others.  Let me know your thoughts.  I have smaller hands so this would be nice to have if legal.

Thanks.

Yes, legal. USPSA Rulebook Appendix D4, 21.6: 

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors, magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties, triggers, hammers, bushings, and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

I only have experience with Cajun’s RRK, and it is a set screw that basically takes up the slack. At least when I was shooting CZ it wasn’t that much take up for me, and I took it off. 

16 hours ago, SouperMan said:

I only have experience with Cajun’s RRK, and it is a set screw that basically takes up the slack. At least when I was shooting CZ it wasn’t that much take up for me, and I took it off. 

That’s wholly inaccurate.

the Cajun RRK, while it does have a set screw to limit the forward travel, does move the position of the trigger about 5mm toward the grip.