Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In the ear electronic plugs

xpierrat

Looking for input/ recommendations on IN the ear electronic plugs ( not MUFFS )  There are several out there but the hard part is finding a pair that clips the gun shot AND recovers fast enough to pick up the clang of a steel plate.... they all pretty much pick up the voice commands etc.   

Experiences?

Soundgear, they're so good I forget they're in. I got mine from House of Hearing [houseofhearing@mac.com], They are in Utah, ran into them at the 2016 Area 1 match. They billed my medical insurance company (who picked up 100% for both my wife and myself). I could never go back to muffs.

If you are looking for something reasonably affordable I just got the Peltor TEP-100 set and used them today for the first time. They are not as good as amplified muffs which do a better job of helping you decipher sound directionality (where the sound originated), but I could hear the steel ring with them and also hear conversation well enough. They were also better than foam plugs for hearing the leading edge of the timer beep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, Bkreutz said:

Soundgear, they're so good I forget they're in. I got mine from House of Hearing [houseofhearing@mac.com], They are in Utah, ran into them at the 2016 Area 1 match. They billed my medical insurance company (who picked up 100% for both my wife and myself). I could never go back to muffs.

Plus one for these, have used them for a couple of years and they work great, plus Chris from House of Hearing is a shooter also.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:07 PM, Bkreutz said:

Now i'd like to know how they did that one.

13 hours ago, vluc said:

Now i'd like to know how they did that one.

I gave them my medical insurance info, the submitted a bill to the company and they paid the bill. Nothing mysterious, they also do hearing aids so maybe they know how to fill out the forms correctly (or maybe they're one of the few that try) I didn't think it had a snowballs chance in hell, but I also figured the worst that could happen is that the would deny coverage. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I gave them my medical insurance info, the submitted a bill to the company and they paid the bill. Nothing mysterious, they also do hearing aids so maybe they know how to fill out the forms correctly (or maybe they're one of the few that try) I didn't think it had a snowballs chance in hell, but I also figured the worst that could happen is that the would deny coverage. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Did the need a prescription from a doctor to cover them on insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Bkreutz said:

Nice.  Mine doesn't cover hearing aids in any way, shape or form.

6 minutes ago, vluc said:

Nice.  Mine doesn't cover hearing aids in any way, shape or form.

At all?

Yikes.  That sucks.  :(

(This thread has me thinking I need to check my insurance, because I really don't like wearing over-the-head ear pro.  I know that hearing aids for measured hearing loss is covered, and I have an HSA I could use for this....)

On 12/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, mchapman said:

Plus one for these, have used them for a couple of years and they work great, plus Chris from House of Hearing is a shooter also.

Invite him here to educate us on how we can get them.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, 682SuperSport said:

How did you make that work? Were you going to buy the electronic plugs regardless and they submitted a claim to you insurance?

Pretty much. Didn't hurt to ask if they would cover them, and they did. House of Hearing did all the paperwork.  Won't know if you don't ask.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a pair from Axil Pro.  they have 4 modes:  3 sound enhancement & 1 sound protection.  You go to an audiologist to have custom ear inserts made and an audiogram (hearing test).  The devices are tuned specifically to your hearing and as your hearing changes over time you send them back with new audiograms & they update them - for free.  They are not cheap - $3995 but I love mine ...

• 7 months later...

3m Peltor EEP-100, same as TEP-100 but lime green and a different charging case, add some Skull Screw tips and for 170 bucks you’ll have electronic in ear hearing protection with a 30bd noise reduction, I love mine. 

Edited by 427Cobra

Walker's Game Ear Silencer Earbuds Rechargeable - R600

These come with their own recharging case which will charge the earbuds about 6 times before it needs to be connected back to a power source.  Very comfortable with 3 different size inserts.  Comes with two replacement ear "hooks" (left and right).  Bluetooth interface connects to an app on your phone to adjust settings (volume, auto-off, mode, etc.).  When interfaced to your phone, you can hear incoming calls.  Very handy when the phone is in your range bag and someone is calling.

Much better version than the one that uses hearing aid batteries (have used both).

BC 

R600.jpg

Edited by BillChunn