Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Portable Steel Targets

cbrussell

I am looking to purchase some portable steel targets. Looking for ease of use portable stands and targets. Any suggestions as to which brands pull be best? A whole lot of manufacturers out there so need some advice to narrow down the choices.

Thanks for the help.

My range doesn’t have enough steel so I was thinking about getting some portable steel targets too. I saw this guy with some one day at my range. It was like a thick maybe 3ft tall metal post, small though like a stake, and at the top it it went 90 degrees right, probably 6-8 inches and then down a bit and a steel plate hung form there. I’d guess it was a 6-8 inch steel plate. He had a whole course of them setup. Form what I saw this was super easy to move around. And at the end of the day you just took all the steel off the stakes, and then took them out of the ground and went home.

i haven’t been able to find anything like this. It look. I can’t inagine they cost more then 20-30 bucks a piece. Anyone ever seen something like this? I should have asked him when I saw it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 6:25 AM, cbrussell said:

Pistol for USPSA and general plinking. Calibers would be 9 MM, 40 S&W and 45 ACP.

I use reactive steel plates like these.  I also built some with a torsion spring so I don’t have to reset steel.  They are portable and lightweight considering the 6”x6” target is made of 3/8” steel.

715B3828-4E11-4430-BDF2-DCCFC2083BD4.jpeg

B7F73DA1-CF31-4BD9-B9F7-56ECB96EB1B9.jpeg

This is what I found. They look to be the easiest, most potable and cheapest option around. 15 bucks per stand, and as low as 15 per steel target depending on what size you buy. I’m gonna buy 6, then by more as time goes on. 

They also make a hanger that hooks to a t post, like they use for fences in gardens. They’re about 15 bucks then you buy the fence post and the steel target

FF5B7FC1-E904-45BF-953D-4C5B1ED28497.png

AR500 Target Solutions (whoo, that’s a mouthful lol) is the first couple of stands I bought from and they’ve lasted me great for thousands of rounds now in the last year and a half. The base design is unique and super easy to move around or take apart, and the hangers and targets are easily compatible with 90% of other plates or hanging systems I’ve used. All you need is a 2x4 and you’re set to go.

Though the price is a little more than what you might find from other places, for the design and portability you really can’t go wrong. I keep both of these stands and silhouettes in the back of my Jeep at all times in case I ever want to go out on a whim, and they don’t take up more than half of the back cargo space and maybe 6” high.

Fast & free shipping too! I got two full target sets in 3 days from when I placed the order, since he uses USPS priority flat rate.

https://www.ar500targetsolutions.com/product/ar500-12x20-x-38-silhouette-steel-target-full-stand/

• 2 weeks later...

Also wanna jump in here and recommend another guy I found on Etsy. Super cheap prices (you have to pay shipping though), and great quality from what I’ve used. I bought his plate rack kit and one of his target stands and am pretty impressed so far. For only $50/stand and hanging bracket you really can’t go wrong, and I’m in the process of replacing a couple of my old steel stands with these.

Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/657442350/collapsible-new-steel-gong-target-stand?ref=user_profile

• 4 months later...